cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP integration question for Unity Connection

srosenthal
Level 4
Level 4

I have installed a Unity connection 7 system and now my customer wants to integrate with LDAP to their domain.  Currently all users are setup with the same exact username as they use on the domain.

I am just looking for any gotcha's when doing this and anything that might need to be done after integrating with LDAP.  Mainly how the user is tied to their phone number once LDAP integration takes place.  I assume that someone has to program their phone number into active directory before we integrate, is that correct?

Seth

6 Replies 6

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This uses the same mechanism as CUCM for integration - DirSync.  So, you first activate the DirSync service on the cluster.  You then enable LDAP synchronization.  You can then also choose to use LDAP authentication.  If you use LDAP authenticatio, enabling LDAP synchronization is required.  Likewise, if you want CUC users to access web services or IMAP via AD password then you must turn on LDAP authentication.  Just like with CUCM, you choose the attribute to tie to your CUC users - such as SamAccountName, TelephoneNumber, etc.  If the phone numbers in AD are not the same format as what is is CUC, you can optionally specifcy a filter to convert the phone numbers into extensions when you import.  For integrate existing users with LDAP, you need to use the BAT tool.  If you have a lot of users to convert to LDAP but cannot come up wtih an expression to format their telephone number then you can use BAT to export all the user data, reformat the numbers, then reimport the users.  Unlike CUCM, if you do LDAP integration with CUC - you still have the flexibility to create users manually and etc. but this gets ugly.  So, if you go with LDAP - stick with it.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Hailey,

Thank you for the information.  I am just a little bit confused.

So you are saying that I have to use the BAT tool to migrate to LDAP?  If the users on CUC are already setup with the correct alias wouldn't the CUC server just sync with LDAP?

Seth

This will clear it up:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsag306.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/user_mac/guide/7xcucmac105.html#Integrating_Existing_Cisco_Unity_Connection_User_Accounts_with_LDAP_User_Accounts

It uses DirSync and setup is similar but the actual conversion of existing users is not the same as CUCM.

Hailey

Hello,

I have a question : What can be done so that the E-mail address in the CUCM will be imported also in the CUC.

I Explain : in the case where the CUC import users from PhoneSystem (CUCM), it doesn't import the e-mail adress, but use the userID as e-mail adress with the configured SMTP domain.

E.g :

If in the CUCM I have userID = andantt, E-mail:Antra@mydomain.com

Then the result in the imported user, in the CUC, is UserID = andantt, E-mail=andantt@mydomain.com

Is there any solution? I need that only the CUCM is the contact with the LDAP.

regards,

Antra

Integrate with CUCM via AXL if you don't want to integrate CUC with LDAP, but still be able to import users based on CUCM's users.

Creating Multiple Cisco Unity Connection  8.x User Accounts from Cisco Unified Communications Manager Users

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/user_mac/guide/8xcucmac100.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello,

I've tried to import users with the AXL and with the Active  Directory but no success.

Unity Connection still paste my user account  (sAMAccountName) in the e-mail field

The print-screen below show the Active Directory:

The picture below show the Unity Connection

The CUCM version is  8.6.2.20000-2 Unrestricted

Unity version is 8.6.1.20000-109

Active directory is Ms Win 2008.

Can you help me to resolve this issue?

Regards,

Antra

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: