cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7 digit dial plan on UC560 in multi site

stacy.thompson
Level 3
Level 3

We set up a new customer on a UC560. and we're getting ready to implement a site to site to their branch office.

Meanwhile, they decided they don't want to dial 10 digits and want the 7 digit dialing.

I know we can change that in CCA, but is it really THAT simple? Just change CCA and let CCA do it's "magic" ?

and will that have any impact (shoudn't but need to ask) on our site to site set up with the other office that does do 10 digit dialing?

What gotchas and suprised are we in store for when we change the dial plan?

I'm nervous at trusting CCA still...and we do have out of band configs (per the OOB guidelines).

Has anyone done this after installation ?

Thanks,

Stacy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The multisite dial peers and translation rules inserted by CCA are really only for extension dialing among the sites, following the format

+ +

So site 1 calling site 2 may be

8 2 201

Site 2 calling site 1 may be

8 1 201

What you are asking about is in CCA called the Outgoing Dial Plan.

Navigate in CCA 2.2.2 to Configure: Telephony: Dialplan: Outgoing

When you initally set your system up with the Telephony Setup Wizard (TSW), it would have asked if you wanted North America 7 or 10 or just North America.

The only difference is the configuration of a 7 digit local or 10 digit local (or both) dial plan.

You can change this in this above mentioned CCA screen as you desire.  It should be fine.   Try it in your lab to build confidence.

Steve

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I did this once and documented it.   I did it again with CCA 2.2.2 and let CCA MSM do its thing to create an intersite dial plan, if thats what your asking...

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9775

Steve

stacy.thompson
Level 3
Level 3

We have the docs on the site to site configs. We have not implemented that yet. Nor have we implemented the 7 digit dialing plan.

My questions are really more related to changing the Main site from 10 digit dialing to 7 digit dialing.

1. Does CCA handle that for us? I am guessing we simply go change it in CCA from 10 to 7 digits and that's it?!   I am still nervous about CCA after our initial install. We do have some OOB configs, but I would think those are safe from CCA as we followed the OOB guidlines.

2. Do we do this change before or after the site to site? does it even matter?

3. WIll one site being on a 7 digit dial plan effect anything at all in my site to site setup? (i would think not)

Stacy

The multisite dial peers and translation rules inserted by CCA are really only for extension dialing among the sites, following the format

+ +

So site 1 calling site 2 may be

8 2 201

Site 2 calling site 1 may be

8 1 201

What you are asking about is in CCA called the Outgoing Dial Plan.

Navigate in CCA 2.2.2 to Configure: Telephony: Dialplan: Outgoing

When you initally set your system up with the Telephony Setup Wizard (TSW), it would have asked if you wanted North America 7 or 10 or just North America.

The only difference is the configuration of a 7 digit local or 10 digit local (or both) dial plan.

You can change this in this above mentioned CCA screen as you desire.  It should be fine.   Try it in your lab to build confidence.

Steve

thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: