cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Latest 2800 Series ROMMON image

jdmcdonald
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone, (besides me), downloaded C2800NM_RM2.124-13r.T11 ROMMON image and tried to upgrade to it. When I hit enter on this command: upgrade rom-monitor file usbflash0:C2800NM_RM2.124-13r.T11 it comes back with the no srec file error message. I'm running the latest 12.4.25c IOS image. Does this ROMMON image need IOS 15.1.1 to be able to upgrade?

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm using ROMmon version  12.4(13r)T6  and running IOS version 15.1(1)XB.  Will try this new ROMmon. 

I'm running 12.4(13r)T6 ROMMON image currently also. Let me know if you get the same error, perhaps Cisco posted a corrupted image, (or I'm missing something)!

Not working.  The filename is wrong.  I've written to winge about it.   You don't need to upgrade the ROMmon for 15.X IOS.   You need to determine the DRAM and Flash size is up to spec.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ok they've fixed it.  Bootstrap (ROMmon) version 12.4(13r)T11 is now working.

System Bootstrap, Version 12.4(13r)T11, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 2009 by cisco Systems, Inc.

Yes they did and very quickly I might add. Thank you.

khorheesoo
Level 4
Level 4

hi buddy will you be able to share the rommon file. I noticed I cannot download from Cisco website. I have the IOS 15 but didnt think to download the rommon image file. If anyone else can help also appreciated.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card