Views
Helpful
Replies

Check whether User initiated its VoiceMail Box

Agor85
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

unfortunately I could not find a database dictionary like for callmanager to find a way by myself. Maybe you can provide me one?

I need to know whether there is a way to check if a user ever used its voice mail box from unity connection.

Thanks for help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Can you try setting this as a "first" step;

To Change the Database Proxy Service Shutdown Timer

Step 1 In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, click System Settings > Advanced > Connection Administration.

Step 2 In the Database Proxy: Service Shutdown Timer  field, enter a value between 1 and 999 days.

A value of zero disables the Database Proxy Service.

Step 3 Click Save.

Cheers!

Huff

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

There is a perfect tool for this type of report. We have used this to search for the same "setup" info.

Check the  "Set for First Time Enrollment" and "Voice name Recorded";

Connection  User Data Dump (CUDD) Tool

The Connection User Data Dump (CUDD) is a  Windows-based remote database administration tool available on the Cisco  Unity Tools website. CUDD allows you to export specific information  about users to a file that can be viewed or imported into another  application, such as a database utility or Microsoft Excel. When the  data is exported, the tool automatically creates a header row that lists  the data type found in each column of the output, for ease of import  into other programs.

The tool is available from the "Superb" Unity  Tools site;

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/UserDataDump/UserDataDump.html

From the  Help Notes;

Requirements/Special  Notes

This  version of User Data Dump runs on Windows XP/2000/2003 or Vista.

***This  version of User Data Dump only works with Unity Connection 7.0(1) or  later.

Hope this  helps!

Rob

Hey Rob,

thanks! I will check this tool :-) !

also, as a side note about the data dictionary - you can get the Data Link Explorer (CUDLI) for Connection here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/CUDLI/CUDLI.html

this includes full data dictionaries for all versions of Connection that have been released (and a few that haven't) - when you connect with it you can explore tables and columns and stored procedures etc... and the information about thosde tables/views/columns is displayed in the tool (type, what they're used for, what they link to etc...).

Hey Rob,

I face an issue with the needed service "Connection Database Proxy"  . I can't find it under the "Tools" and the related menu points. Unity is running with Version 7.1.2 . I already tried to start the service name by using console, but it didn't work. :-(

@lindborg Thanks!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi There,

Just to clarify this info is related to Unity Connection not Unity as you have

referred to both products in this thread

The path is as follows;

Unity Connection Serviceability > Tools > Service Management > Select Server > Optional Services >

Connection Database Proxy > Activate/Start

You also need to set the

The path is as follows;

Unity Connection Administration > Advanced > Connection Administration >

Cheers!

Rob

Please support CSC Helps Haiti

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8895

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8727

Hello Rob,

ok to clarify my request, I use the Unity Connection.

Nevertheless, there is no Optional Services > Connection Database Proxy > Activate/Start  (take a look at the attachment please) . In order to get sure I already checked the Network and Feature Services, but it is not listed. :-(

The point Database Proxy: Service Shutdown Timer (in Days) was easy to find.

Hi there,

No worries my friend

You need to look for;

Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability

instead of Cisco Unified Serviceability

Cheers!

Huff

Oh Now I feel a bit sheepish ;-) . I shouldn't work on too many things at the same time. Thank you again.

### update

activate service failed: Connection Database Proxy

Ok time for looking through the unity logs :-)

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey there,

Don't feel too bad, we've all been there

When you get a moment, have a read of this thread and you'll see

you're not alone.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2006265?tstart=0

Cheers!

Huff

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Can you try setting this as a "first" step;

To Change the Database Proxy Service Shutdown Timer

Step 1 In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, click System Settings > Advanced > Connection Administration.

Step 2 In the Database Proxy: Service Shutdown Timer  field, enter a value between 1 and 999 days.

A value of zero disables the Database Proxy Service.

Step 3 Click Save.

Cheers!

Huff

Hello Rob,

yes changing the time value was the first step I did. Any further ideas? I'd like to solve it.

Just als note for other users - for checking if a voice box is used at all, even if the setup is completed

you can use the method -> Below "tools->reports" there exists  a report function -> Unused Voice Mail Accounts Report .

A small update, unity monitoring tool cannot provide any log file for the database proxy unfortunately. The Application and System log does not show any unusual entries.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: