Views
Helpful
Replies

Disaster recovery Failover

estelamathew
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I m running with a smooth enterprise network,IT Manager is planning for Disaster recovery for the enterprise on another location.How can i setup the failover of internal enterprise application to the DR site from network point of view, IT manager is planning for MPLS link to DR site.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

krahmani323
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Estela,

If I have well understood your needs and depending on your architecture I am thinking to GSS (Global Site Selector), which allows (along with other functions like GSLB) disaster recovery between different sites working with local SLB devices (like ACE, CSS ...).

Introducing the Global Site Selector (http://www.ciscopress.info/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/gss4400series/v3.1.1/configuration/cli/gslb/guide/Intro.html#wp1097368)

Organizations with a global reach or businesses  that provide web and application hosting services require network  devices that can perform complex request routing to two or more  redundant, geographically dispersed data centers. These network devices  need to provide fast response times and disaster recovery and failover  protection through global server load balancing, or GSLB.

Kind regards

Karim

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

krahmani323
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Estela,

If I have well understood your needs and depending on your architecture I am thinking to GSS (Global Site Selector), which allows (along with other functions like GSLB) disaster recovery between different sites working with local SLB devices (like ACE, CSS ...).

Introducing the Global Site Selector (http://www.ciscopress.info/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/gss4400series/v3.1.1/configuration/cli/gslb/guide/Intro.html#wp1097368)

Organizations with a global reach or businesses  that provide web and application hosting services require network  devices that can perform complex request routing to two or more  redundant, geographically dispersed data centers. These network devices  need to provide fast response times and disaster recovery and failover  protection through global server load balancing, or GSLB.

Kind regards

Karim

Hello Karim,

Thanks for prompt reply,

i have been  on cisco website for content service switch,and also u have confirmed from ur mail,so from ur mail what i understand is the application internal to enterprise (exchange or any other application,etc in relation with client and server access application can be access while they are geographically dispersed,It is not the compulsion that they shld be web access application,Only the thing we have shld have the route in the routing table to route the content service switch traffic.

Awaiting for ur reply thanks.

Thanks karim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco