Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup & DB replication for CUPS

navingolani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to take the backup for the presence server in the cluster. I could take the backup for Primary server but for secondary server, got the message saying secondary server is not reachable from primary.  Secondary server isnot pingable from the primary server but secondary server is up & fine. When i tried to ping Primary from secondary then i could ping primary. So it seems that there is no issue with network connectivity between two ?

I feel it could be DB replication issue, so i chkd the RTMT status for DB repl , i see the status as 0 for DB repl. , so i have stop / reset the dbrepl on secondary & primary, but still i see the status as 0.

Could any one suggest ?

Regds,

Navin Golani

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

OK, so name resolution isn't an issue, but it sounds to me like you possibly have some firewall or ACL between the servers that is misconfigured, or some other routing issue.

You'll need to fix that before worrying too much about replication.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

If you can't ping the secondary from the primary then you have a problem.

Are you pinging using hostname or IP address?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Pinging IP address

Hi

OK, so name resolution isn't an issue, but it sounds to me like you possibly have some firewall or ACL between the servers that is misconfigured, or some other routing issue.

You'll need to fix that before worrying too much about replication.

Regards

Aaron