Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1 "file get tftp" line command

youssef.ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I need to get desktop images for ip phones from CCM 6.1.

I got "file get tftp" command line.When i tried i got error"Could not connect to host 10.126.74.142 on port 115. Please verify SFTP settings"

The same error on port 22.

Any ideas.

BR,

Ahmed

20 Replies 20

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

"file get" command is to trasfer file to your SFTP server.

It looks like CUCM was not able to connect to your SFTP server.  and I don't think you can change port number of the SFTP.

Could you check if your SFTP server is running?  You may download PSFTP from http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/x86/psftp.exe and save to your C:\.

Then open a command prompt on your PC.  Go to C:\ and type "psftp ip_address_of_SFTP".  See if you could log in.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi Micheal,

I attached what I got.

From the screenshot, it looks like either the SFTP server was not running, or the network was blocking SFTP connection.

Where the SFTP server was running on?  Was it on a Windows box?  If yes, you may copy the psftp.exe to that box and do the same test.

Michael

Youssef,

Exactly what is the 10.x.x.x server you are trying to connect to?  Is that your CUCM server or a dedicated SFTP/FTP

server?

Hailey

My SFTP is my windows XP laptop which is 10.126.74.142

My CUCM is 10.255.70.10

Therein lies your problem. You won't be opening an inbound SFTP to your CUCM from PSFTP. You need to go to the CLI of the CUCM and issue the "file get" command for whatever file you want to offload to your SFTP machine. From there, you'll walk thru a series of configurations and you'll be asked to enter the SFTP machine (presumably your Windows laptop) and file path (\home\ or just \ in some cases). On your XP machine, make sure you turn off Windows or 3rd-party firewall unless you have a rule to allow port 22. Also, network ACL's could be in play that block this type of traffic to machines on a data VLAN.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

i disabled anti-virus on my laptop but the same error.

David,

I guess you misread.  He's trying to connect to his WinXP 10.126.74.142.  Not the CUCM.

Youssef,

Are you sure the SFTP server is running?  Have you turned off your Widnows firewall on XP?  Are you testing psftp.exe on the same Win XP machine?

Michael

Actually, I'm looking at this PSFTP screenshot in which he's trying to do an open on the 10.255.70.10 (CUCM) address and it fails because CSA is going to block inbound connections of this type to CUCM.

Conversely, he's trying to open the connection to this Windows XP from a DOS prompt at c:\psftp 10.126.74.142 so unless PSTFP.exe is in the root of C - this won't work either.

I see.  We were looking at different places on the same screenshot

From the bottom command prompt, you can see psftp was giving a connection error when he tried to connect to his own WinXP.  That means:

1) He found psftp in the right place.

2) SFTP connection was blocked on his WinXP

Actually, you CAN sftp to the CUCM server (with the right credential).  CSA won't block the connection.  Because SFTP use the same port number as SSH.  See what can you do when you sftp to CUCM server at http://htluo.blogspot.com/2009/08/map-uc-appliance-as-network-drive.html.

Michael

i ensured that SFTP server is running on my XP machine.

I tried to login to myself (10.126.74.142)

also tried to login to my server (10.255.70.10)

Don't try 10.255.70.10.  It won't work.

You may try the command "telnet 10.126.74.142 22".  See what happens?

Michael

actually i got from internet on SFTP port i found that it is on port 115 not 22

i tried to login on both ports

I failed on port 22

BUT i succedded on port 115

I attached the results of both ports

David,

if SFTP connects to port 115,so i think csa is blocking the connection.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: