Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME and CUCM gateway on same router

2044418Puts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm running a 1751-v at home with a VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE interface in it. It is running CCME which is in production use right now. It uses only one of the two available BRI ports, so the second BRI is available for other use. I'm experiencing with CUCM as well and I would like to be able to place calls to the PSTN and receive calls from the PSTN as well. I have one ISDN2 line available with 4 MSN numbers on it. Lets say +31 111 (my main PSTN number used with CCME), +31 222, +31 333 and +31 444.

I would like to be able to connect my second BRI port to the same ISDN2 line. Calls with a called number of +31 111 should be answered by BRI1/0 and forwarded to CCME, the other numbers should be answered by BRI1/1 (backhauled to CUCM) and forwarded to CUCM.

Is this configuration possible? I dont need help configuring the basics, but just how to configure the way the incoming calls get split up.

Current CCME config:

dial-peer voice 10 pots
description INCOMING_DIAL_PEER
translation-profile incoming INCOMING
direct-inward-dial
port 1/0

interface BRI1/0
no ip address
isdn switch-type basic-net3
isdn tei-negotiation first-call
isdn point-to-point-setup
isdn incoming-voice voice
isdn map address .* plan unknown type unknown

Additional CUCM config:

interface BRI1/1
no ip address
isdn switch-type basic-net3
isdn tei-negotiation first-call
isdn point-to-point-setup
isdn incoming-voice voice
isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager service mgcp

ccm-manager mgcp
ccm-manager music-on-hold
ccm-manager config server cm.puts.local 
ccm-manager config

mgcp
mgcp call-agent cm 2427 service-type mgcp version 0.1
mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode out-of-band
mgcp rtp unreachable timeout 1000 action notify
mgcp modem passthrough voip mode nse
mgcp package-capability rtp-package
mgcp package-capability sst-package
no mgcp package-capability res-package
no mgcp package-capability fxr-package
no mgcp timer receive-rtcp
mgcp sdp simple
mgcp rtp payload-type g726r16 static
mgcp bind control source-interface FastEthernet0/0
mgcp bind media source-interface FastEthernet0/0

mgcp profile default

Thanks for your help!

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Nope, not possible. You can't connect two independent devices to the same BRI - you have two B-channels, but one D-channel.

Your config will be OK as long as you only configure the second BRI port in CCM (otherwise the config download will hijack your first port as well), and you provision a second ISDN2.

Alternatively, you can just add CME to CCM as a h.323 gateway, and set up dial-peers on the CME to send the calls to CCM when particular numbers are sent in. Set up route patterns etc on CCM to send calls back to the CME extensions, and external numbers.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your quick answer. A few things though. I would like to keep my CCME and CUCM config seperated as much as possible. I dont want to accidentally screw up my CCME calls when I'm experimenting with my CUCM setup. So dial-peers and route patterns between them is not really an option for me ...

About the 2 devices to the same BRI comment: In Holland I can connect several devices to a single ISDN2 line as long as they have differend TEI numbers. Only when the PSTN provider configured the line as a multiple ISDN2 (2x ISDN2, 3x ISDN3 , etc) only one device can be connected.

The issue here is that my CCME should only pickup when a call with a Called Number ID of +31 1111 is incoming, +31 2222 +31 3333 and +31 4444 should be answered by the CUCM.

Yes, I only have BRI 1/1 configured in CUCM exactly for the reason you said

Thanks!

PS. I could just configure the only incoming CCME dial peer with "incoming called-number 311111" but I'm not sure if that leads to the right results.

Hi

OK, so maybe you could attach them both - to be honest that's not a configuration I've come across... I'd be more confident with the H.323 option, but it's probably a case of sticking to what I know there.

Maybe someone else has done that kind of setup with voice kit?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I've just added the +31 222 / 333 / 444 numbers to the CUCM.

As soon as I call with the numbers the calls get distributed as they should. So +31 111 makes my CCME phones ring and 222 333 444 makes my CUCM phones ring. But the whole setup is unstable... like calls being dropped, ephones still ringing while calling party has already hung up, ephones ringing while calling party receives a "network not available" message. This happens on both the CCME and CUCM.

So just adding the numbers doesn't do the trick, at least not in a stable manner

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: