cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshooting ideas for a DID Call Manager issue

joelebowman
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user that has calls to her DID number that will ring no answer maybe 2-4 times a week. Very sporatic. I have not heard other users say anything at this time having issues but that's not to say its not going on either.

So I'm trying to find ways and ideas of capturing data and trouble shooting this issue.

This user is at a branch office with the call manager server 6.1.2 across metro E. I have CDR and CAR running but I haven't found any usefull information. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot.

Thanks for reading.

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

What do you mean by 'ring no answer'?

You mean it rings, she can't answer?

It rings for the caller but not on the phone?

Or what?

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

It will ring and keep ringing with out it going to VM. Only happens to calls to the DID number and not internal.

97% of the time everything works as it should. The phone rings, she can answer it and VM will pickup as needed.

So any ideas on capturing data and troubleshooting such a sporadic problem?

You'll need to enable CUCM detailed traces and leave them running so they can capture the problem, then make sure they tell you an aprox timeframe to look at in the traces.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate