Views
Helpful
Replies

MoH Err for PSTN

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

We have a H.323 Router (with MMoH), and everything works fine except the MoH. I have tried a lot of things, however still it seems to not to coperate.

When I press the Hold Button I do get this output from the command, please not that there is 0/0 packets in out.

Router#sh ccm-manager music-on-hold
Current active multicast sessions : 1
Multicast       RTP port   Packets       Call   Codec    Incoming
Address         number     in/out        id              Interface
===================================================================
239.1.1.1         16384   0/0              721  g711ulaw  Lo0
Router#

when I try to see the show ephone summary I get the following err message:

show ephone summary output:

=======================

Max Conferences 8 with 0 active (4 allowed)
Skinny Music On Hold Status
Active MOH clients 0 (max 320), Media Clients 0, B-ACD Clients 0
File TEST.ulaw.wav type INVALID Media_Payload_G711Ulaw64k  160 bytes

It looks like somehow the file is corrupt, however I have copied this file multiple times (even from other locations where there is no issue about MoH)

What is that I'm missing here?

Regards

Sam Wilson

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Sam,

If the ephone summary returns 'invalid-media' then essentially you are providing the correct audio-file for the MoH region (G711) and the same base address and port as they are configured in CUCM for MoH server.  However I have come across issues whereby the configuration has been applied incorrectly, where the multicast moh command was applied before the moh audio-file, I would therefore remove the following commands and then re-apply.  Incidentally I recommend that you specify the route interface ip-address of the outgoing LAN interface for the MoH:-

no moh TEST.ulaw.wav
no multicast moh 239.1.1.1 port 16384 route

moh TEST.ulaw.wav
multicast moh 239.1.1.1 port 16384 route xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Regards

Allan.

Hope this helps, pls rate helpful post.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Sam,

If the ephone summary returns 'invalid-media' then essentially you are providing the correct audio-file for the MoH region (G711) and the same base address and port as they are configured in CUCM for MoH server.  However I have come across issues whereby the configuration has been applied incorrectly, where the multicast moh command was applied before the moh audio-file, I would therefore remove the following commands and then re-apply.  Incidentally I recommend that you specify the route interface ip-address of the outgoing LAN interface for the MoH:-

no moh TEST.ulaw.wav
no multicast moh 239.1.1.1 port 16384 route

moh TEST.ulaw.wav
multicast moh 239.1.1.1 port 16384 route xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Regards

Allan.

Hope this helps, pls rate helpful post.

Rated 5 *s, yes, that was the problem. Now everything looks great.

Btw, as far as I know I have to enable Multicast Routing for the Internal phones to get MoH, however is there any specific things I need to be aware of ?

Sam Wilson

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the rating   Glad that you managed to get it working!

Ordinarily with SRST MoH you don't necessarily need to configure multicast routing, this is unless of course your IP Phones are on a different VLAN to that of the gateway providing the MoH source.

Regards

Allan.

Hi Alan,

I was referring to the normal MMoH when we make a UCM Server as the MoH Server (with MCast enabled) and enable the Multicast Routing for the Internal MMoH.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Sam Wilson