cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7 and SRST

cowetacoit
Level 1
Level 1

What is a best practice for the IP Address of the SRST gateway in CUCM 7? Should i be using the routers WAN IP or can i use a loopback interface?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You wouldn't want to use the WAN IP.  Most folks typically use the default gateway address on the LAN for the router.  From the SRST best practices guide, the call-manager-fallback config mode command "ip source-address port 2000 strict match" command is usually configured to point to the loopback address of the router and that's about all that's mentioned as far as the loopback.  Like I said, most go with default gateway for the router on the LAN subnet.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Use the WAN IP? So when the WAN goes down....?

Typically you use the LAN IP; this should be reasonably stable. You could use the loopback but sometimes that can be tricksy.

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Ok, so when the phones are assigned to the device pool they get an SRST reference, which is what they will register with in case of a WAN failure, correct? That SRST Reference needs to be their local default gateway right?

Hi

The SRST reference should be whatever IP address on the SRST router is set in the 'ip source-address' command in your SRST section.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

LOL!!! When the WAN goes down...what happens!!! good answer

Please rate all useful posts

You wouldn't want to use the WAN IP.  Most folks typically use the default gateway address on the LAN for the router.  From the SRST best practices guide, the call-manager-fallback config mode command "ip source-address port 2000 strict match" command is usually configured to point to the loopback address of the router and that's about all that's mentioned as far as the loopback.  Like I said, most go with default gateway for the router on the LAN subnet.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

ok, i have about 15 active SRST gateways configured but this was the first real WAN deployment with a router on a stick config. The others are just MGCP/SRST gateways with just one IP address on our LAN.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: