Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External MOH

If we want to add a CD player, etc... to provide MOH.  What do we need to change/set in the UC for the external sound to be heard on hold?

I understand that an external source needs to be plugged into the port on the UC and actively playing.

Thank you, Paul

1 Accepted Solution
6 Replies 6

Marcos, thank you.  It looks as though I already have the correct options chosen.

This should work once the external CD player is installed.

Regards, Paul

When Enable external music on hold port is checked,  music on hold for internal calls is automatically enabled and cannot be  disabled. If an audio file is selected and the external music-on-hold  port is also enabled, the music input from the external port takes  precedence. The selected audio file serves as a backup music source if  the external source fails or is not available.

MOH_1.GIF

david
Level 1
Level 1

How can I lower the volume?

I tried putting:

config -t
voice-port 0/4/0
no input gain control

and I also tried:

input gain auto-control -25     (Maximum)

On one UC540 it works fine on a UC560 it does not seem to respond (Both UC540 and UC560 are same firmware 8.0.2)

Any Ideas?

Did you ever find a solution to the UC560 not playing external MoH?  I have a box with 8.0.2 loaded and external MoH is not working.  When you check the box for external MoH in CCA, it does not keep the checkmark in the box after exiting.  When you go back into it, the checkmark is gone.

Jason Carter, the above fixes PLUS a working CD player corrected the issue for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: