CTI OS Toolkit issue after patching CTI OS 7.5.8

Unanswered Question
Apr 21st, 2010

Hi all,

We are setting up the UCCE 7.5.1, and we have patched the system with ICM 7.5.8 and CTI OS

7.5.8. We have also patched the agents' PC with CTI OS 7.5.8.

Our developer has actually customized the CTI OS Toolkit softphone, to intergrate it with

a 3rd party application. It was running fine before patching the agents' PC with CTI OS

7.5.8. The customized CTI OS Toolkit could start up after the agents' PCs were patched.

When I tried to uninstalled CTI OS 7.5.8 from the PCs, then it works fine again. What

could be the problem here? Are there any additional steps that I need to take note after

patching CTI OS 7.5.8?

I also noticed that after running the software patch, the CTI OS Softphone would be

replaced.

Appreciate any help and advice on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Eric

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Edward Umansky Wed, 04/21/2010 - 12:34

The client patches are meant to be applied to the out of the box software. How is the patch supposed to know how to update your custom software? If you are trying to apply the patch onto a customized desktop then you are overwriting or breaking that customization. Your developer needs to apply the new software release to his custom code and provide a patch for you. The previous release remains backwards compatible so there's no rush.

Actions

This Discussion