cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory Search on IP Phones

Richard Dumag
Level 1
Level 1

When searching for a range of extensions, the search result does not show all extensions within a range.  For example, if I search for extensions within the 33 range (which is from 3300 - 3399), some valid extensions do not show on the search result.  Is this by design or an issue with directory search?

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

The directory search searches the user DB, not the list of DNs.

So no user, no appearance in the directory.

Does that tie in with what you are seeing?

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Users are in the directory.  The strange thing is when I search for specific name or extension, it shows.  But when I search by range as I mentioned earlier, it does not show some of the names or extension.

Interesting...  I wonder if some of the phone numbers were entered as a string instead of a number, or vice versa.  It could be the difference of inputting manually versus BATting, for example.  You could try finding a user whose number does not appear on a number search and clear/re-enter the number on that user entry, just to see if that clears up the problem.

All phones are entered manually.  Compared the settings on a user that shows in the search with the one that does not show and both are setup the same, except for the extension and name of course.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: