DSCP marking on Nexus 5000

Answered Question
Apr 21st, 2010
User Badges:

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Tableau Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Hello,

I'm trying to convert our existing QoS template that we use on our 3750/3560 to work on our new Nexus 5000 switches.

The ACLs and class-maps are ok, but it seems I can't do a "set dscp xx" within the policy-map on the Nexus 5000, like I was able to using the 3750/3560.

This is what I normally configure on a 3560/3750 :

policy-map QosPolicy

class VoIP

set dscp ef

exit

class CriticalApp

set dscp af31

exit

[...]

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Tableau Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

class class-default

set dscp default

exit

exit

The "set dscp xyz" command isn't available on my Nexus 5000s. I'm running NX-OS version 4.1(3)N1(1)... I'm currently unable to download version N2 from Cisco (some cryptic error about mismatched data), so I can't verify whether "set dscp" is available there in the newer version.

Have I misunderstood something about the QoS on Nexus 5000s ?

Please advise,

Alex.

Correct Answer by Jon Marshall about 7 years 3 months ago

Alex

I don't know about v4.2 but as far as i know for the Nexus 5000 switches you only have the option to set CoS values. Only the L3 capable Nexus 7000 has the capability of setting DSCP values.

Jon

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Jon Marshall Wed, 04/21/2010 - 11:24
User Badges:
  • Super Blue, 32500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, WAN

Alex

I don't know about v4.2 but as far as i know for the Nexus 5000 switches you only have the option to set CoS values. Only the L3 capable Nexus 7000 has the capability of setting DSCP values.

Jon

Actions

This Discussion