Views
Helpful
Replies

enable corporate directory in cucm 7 & non-wokring hour prompt in connection 7

anis_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,i

I have CUCM 7.0 with Unity Connection 7 ...

Question-1 : im trying to configure prompt for non-working hours but i couldnt ... i configured a schedule with specific time of non-working hours & select it in the handler of non-wokring hours ... but whn i call in non-working hours the prompt for woking hours is playing ??? can any body tell me what  mistake im doing ???

Question-2 : whn i click on corporate directory @ phone it gives me msg " Error, Contact your administrator "

this is my first time im working with CUCM 7 & there is change in phone services option .... can any body tell me how to enable corporate directory ... i have integrated my CUCM with Active Directory & users of AD are showing in End User ????

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It's pretty simple actually.  Here's all you'd need to do (if you have these components already, good - I'm just laying them out for clarity):

Assumption - you already have the main line number routing to Unity for call treatment (i.e., it is not directly answered by any users).

1) Create a Call Handler.  Ex: MainLine_CH

2) Create a custom schedule.  Use the one schedule to identify Open hours vs. Closed hours.  Ex: M-F_8A-5P

3) Apply the custom schedule (M-F_8A-5P) to the Call Handler (MainLine_CH).

4) Record a STANDARD greeting for the Call Handler.  This would map to any caller input options you have to whatever it is you want the caller to hear.

5) On the same Call Handler, go to the CLOSED greeting.  ENABLE the CLOSED greeting.  Record the CLOSED greeting and configure any transfer options, caller input options, or hang-up options based on how you want callers to be treated when the office is closed.

That's it.  During hours marked as Open in the custom schedule, callers hear the STANDARD greeting.  During all other hours marked as Closed in the custom schedule, callers hear the CLOSED greeting.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

For question 2 check the Directories URL used by your phones (see Enterprise Parameters). By default it includes the hostname rather than the server IP address. If you do not have DNS enabled on the phones and the appropriate entries added for your servers the directory lookup will fail.

Hope this helps!

hi

thanks for your time & reply.......I tried to configure IP under System --> Enterprise Parameter but after changing hostname with IP the corporate Directory option disabled from Phone's directory option !!! can you tell me whats the issue ???

Regards,

HI all,

Corporate Directory problem resolved, i changed the hostname of server to IP & keep IP of CUCM under Enterprise Parameter only ...

Can any body tell me the way to configure Prompt for non-wokring hours in Untiy Connection 7 ???

Thnx

Anis,

I can help you with CUC and what you need to do.  First, I am assuming you want to handler your Main Office number differently in the day (i.e., Open hours) vs. when the office is Closed.  Is this correct?  If so, how are calls handled to the Main Office number currently?

Hailey

Hey David,

let me explain you very simply that the Customer working hours are from 8am to 5pm and the non-working hours are from 5pm till next day morning 8am ...... now customer wants me to configure a different prompt for working hours (from 8am till 5pm) and different prompt for non-working hours (after 5pm till next day 8am) .....

currently i have configured only one prompt which is playing 24hours a day ......

For achieving above task, I tried by configure a schedule with the time duration of non-woking hours & selected that schedulaer in non-wokring hours handler ..... now if i call in non-working hours, still its playing the prompt of working hours !!!!!

tell me how to accomplish the above requirment.... I have CUC 7

Thanks,

It's pretty simple actually.  Here's all you'd need to do (if you have these components already, good - I'm just laying them out for clarity):

Assumption - you already have the main line number routing to Unity for call treatment (i.e., it is not directly answered by any users).

1) Create a Call Handler.  Ex: MainLine_CH

2) Create a custom schedule.  Use the one schedule to identify Open hours vs. Closed hours.  Ex: M-F_8A-5P

3) Apply the custom schedule (M-F_8A-5P) to the Call Handler (MainLine_CH).

4) Record a STANDARD greeting for the Call Handler.  This would map to any caller input options you have to whatever it is you want the caller to hear.

5) On the same Call Handler, go to the CLOSED greeting.  ENABLE the CLOSED greeting.  Record the CLOSED greeting and configure any transfer options, caller input options, or hang-up options based on how you want callers to be treated when the office is closed.

That's it.  During hours marked as Open in the custom schedule, callers hear the STANDARD greeting.  During all other hours marked as Closed in the custom schedule, callers hear the CLOSED greeting.

Hailey

Thanx David,

It worked !!!

Regards,