Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4.3.1 Device Package Update

kevin.hu
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I was updating RME 4.3.1 device packages from Common Services Device Center and it failed.  The event log stated that my MDF version is 1.32 and various packages requires 1.37, 1.38, 1.39 etc.  How do I update my MDF to the latest?

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Joel Monge
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Go to CS > Software Center > Device Update and download upgrades for CiscoWorks Common Services. Once your MDF is on the latest version you should be able to upgrade other dependant packages.

/cwhp/s0026.do

View solution in original post

Hi Kevin,

Whenever you install a package the LMS daemons will go down. It usually can take anywhere around 5 to 30 minutes for all the daemons to come up. That is why your browser timed out. To know when the daemons are all up, you can go to CSCOpx\objects\dmgt\ready, once that folder is empty, all the daemons are up. You can also issue a pdshow from DOS, once you see output the daemons are up.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joel Monge
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Go to CS > Software Center > Device Update and download upgrades for CiscoWorks Common Services. Once your MDF is on the latest version you should be able to upgrade other dependant packages.

/cwhp/s0026.do

Thanks Joel.  After downloading and installing, the web browser to the LMS connection timed out.  After waiting for 20 minutes, I just rebooted the server.  When I login LMS, the MDF version was not updated from 1.32 to 1.40.  When I tried to delete the MDF package, it seems like the MDF package 1.40 was there.  How long should I wait for the update?

Hi Kevin,

Whenever you install a package the LMS daemons will go down. It usually can take anywhere around 5 to 30 minutes for all the daemons to come up. That is why your browser timed out. To know when the daemons are all up, you can go to CSCOpx\objects\dmgt\ready, once that folder is empty, all the daemons are up. You can also issue a pdshow from DOS, once you see output the daemons are up.

Thanks Joel.  It is good information.  Now I know if the update is completed or not.

After tested the install through GUI last night, it didn't work.  At the end, I had to use PSU CLI to install.  PSU CLI is much better than GUI install because it provides you install status and progress.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: