Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 64 Bit vpn client on Win7K 64 machine

NAVIN PARWAL
Level 2
Level 2

Folks,

I can connect using the new VPN client on my 7K 64 machine but for some reason the packets are not encrypted. When I use the XP machine with the same credentials everything works great, any ideas?

Thanks,

Parwal

4 Replies 4

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

can you clarify what you mean by "not encrypted". Does the vpn server show the SAs being established?

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

Client has win7K 64 bit
using vpn client 5.0.07.0290
client is using certificates
client is able to connect and the tunnel comes up
everything should be sent over the tunnel (no split tunneling).
The problem is that when i look at the vpn statistics, it shows me 0 packets encrypt or decrept, all packets send are being "discarded".
The client was using some third party client before  cisco had not announced a client for win 7k 64 bit, but now he has uninstalled the 3rd party and wants to use Cisco vpn client.
Why are the packets getting discarded and not getting on the tunnel? he has set the MTU size in the vpn client as "default".

Hi,

I'm having the same issue: on my Windows 7 64bit with VPN Client 5.0.07.0290 the VPN comes up, but no data is going over the connection. Also I have no encrypted/decrypted packets, but all of them are discarded. Did you find the solution?

Greets,

David

First try this:

On a Windows 7 PC go to C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\Profiles

Open .pcf with Notepad

add these commands at the end:

ForceNatT=1

UseIKELegacyPort=1

Test the VPN client!

If it still has issues,try reinstalling the VPN client after DNE upgrade via:

http://www.citrix.com/lang/English/lp/lp_1680845.asp

If you are using WWAN card try this:

As the VPN Client on  Windows 7 does not support WWAN devices

The current releases of  VPN client software use an NDIS (Network Driver Interface Specification)  intermediate driver that is based on NDIS 5.0 (specifications developed for  Windows Vista and XP).

However, the native  Windows 7 Mobile Broadband and Some Wireless WWAN miniport drivers are based on  NDIS 6.2 specifications. VPN client applications using intermediate drivers  based on NDIS 5.x specifications have compatibility issues with drivers  compliant with Windows 7 Mobile Broadband.

Some vendors for  wireless cards provides WWAN miniport drivers for Windows 7 that are Windows 7  logo certified and based on NDIS 6.2 (specifications for WWAN interfaces that  can be supported natively in Windows 7).

The Cisco VPN client  along with some other third party clients has compatibility issues with NDIS 6.2  WWAN miniport drivers:

The Cisco VPN client  release notes state “The VPN Client on Windows 7 does not support WWAN devices  (also called wireless data cards)”:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/security/vpn_client/cisco_vpn_client/vpn_client5007/release/notes/vpnclient5007.html

There is a workaround  provided by some WWAN vendors,

Either we can downgrade  the NDIS divers or we can setup Dial up connection for the internet, which is  not affected by this problem.

Here is link which  might be helpful in setting up DUN on windows 7

http://neteasebn.net/support/docs/nes023.asp

I tested it and it  works.

Pradhuman Singh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: