cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 Session Limit of 2 Error Message

mmedwid
Level 3
Level 3

In ASDM I am try to set Maximum Number of SSL Sessions.  According to Cisco documentation my Cisco ASA 5510 should be able to support 250 simultaneous SSL VPN sessions.  But if you check my screen shot you will see that my ASA will not permit more than 1 or 2!  What is up with that??

http://www-search.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asdm/6_1/user/guide/vpn_web.pdf

What am I missing?  I am running ADSM 6.2 and the image is 8.21.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

All ASA models (including the 5510), comes from factory supporting only 2 SSL VPN connections.

Indeed, the ASA can support up to 250 SSL VPN connections, but for that, you must purchase an additional license.

Check more information on the data sheet:

www.cisco.com/go/asa

Federico.

View solution in original post

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

ASA  comes with 2 free licences. To use more that 2 you will need to buy licences. The 250 is the maximum number the box will support.

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Hi,

All ASA models (including the 5510), comes from factory supporting only 2 SSL VPN connections.

Indeed, the ASA can support up to 250 SSL VPN connections, but for that, you must purchase an additional license.

Check more information on the data sheet:

www.cisco.com/go/asa

Federico.

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

ASA  comes with 2 free licences. To use more that 2 you will need to buy licences. The 250 is the maximum number the box will support.

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

I am running into the same problem.  Does anybody know the item number for the different levels of

simultaneous connection licenses?

I need to get a PO cut and need to know the item number and price.

Thanks

Joerg

Depending on the model of the ASA that you have you can go up to 250, 750, 5000, 10000 SSL VPN connections....

The part number will be available on the ordering guide.

Federico.

Does this license file just apply to clientless WebVPN users?  Or does it

also apply to Anyconnect users?

thanks

Joerg

It applies to SSL connections to the ASA either client-based (anyconnect) or clientless (browser)

There are additional licenses for specific functionalities, for example to provide only the anyconnect functionality or to provide also clientless, secure desktop and anyconnect capabilities.

Federico.

On a different ASA5510 I have a Security Plus license showing the following:

VPN Peers: 250

SSL VPN Peers: 2

Does this mean I can only have 2 clientless WebVPN users connected at the same time?

Thanks

Joerg

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that indicates you can have up to 250 IPSec based peers (client or L2L) and up to 2

SSL based peers (either clientless or AnyConnect).  If you want to run the AnyConnect clients for SSL VPN support

above the 2 test sessions I believe you must purchase the AnyConnect Essentials license upgrade which will increase

the SSL VPN sessions to 250 but be limited to AnyConnect clients only.  If you want AnyConnect and Clientless SSL VPN you must purchase the SSL VPN licenses or AnyConnect premium I think which is considerable $.

David you are absolutely right.

There are 2 types of SSL license that can be purchased:

1) AnyConnect Essential license - only supports AnyConnect client, and it can support up to the maximum number of SSL connections the box supports. However, once AnyConnect Essential license is installed, the default/free 2 SSL Premium license is no longer available.

2) SSL/AnyConnect Premium license - supports all types of SSL VPN connections, ie: Clientless (WebVPN) SSL, AnyConnect VPN, and all the advance feature of SSL, ie: CSD, Hostscan, etc. This is a user base license.

Hope that helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: