Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change TACACS enable password through telnet or ssh session

sunil.aroraa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anybody help me to find the procedure to chnage the TACACS eanble password in Telnet or SSH session.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sunil

7 Replies 7

Panos Kampanakis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are using aaa authentication for the enable password the you set it under the user in TACACS.

If not then it defined statically in the ASA with "enable secret ...".

I hope it helps.

PK

I want to know the way to chnage the Tacacs enable password though Telnet or SSh to any AAA client.

I don't understand.

The enable password (locally define on the router/switch) is with the command enable password or enable secret that you can change it.

You're saying you have a TACACS+ server and you want to change the TACACS+ enable password?

So, the password is locally defined on the device or on the TACACS+ server.

Federico.

Hi,

I want to change the enable password which is defind on TACACS server. That why I have mentioned TACACS Enable Password.

Thanks,

Sunil

Ok, the TACACS enable password to access which device? An ASA?

Federico.

Hi Sunil,

I think you want to change the enable password that is set through Tacacs server.

chpass utility is responsible for all such password changes

while on telnet or ssh session when prompted for password, instead of entering the existing password just hit enter.

YOU WILL BE ASKED TO ENTER OLD PASSWORD. Enter existing password and hit the enter key.

Now you will be prompted to enter a new password. Enter new password and hit enter and will be prompted for reconfirmation.

Please rate if that helps.

sshareef
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sunil,

I think you want to change the enable password that is set through Tacacs server.

chpass utility is responsible for all such password changes

while on telnet or ssh session when prompted for password, instead of entering the existing password just hit enter.

YOU WILL BE ASKED TO ENTER OLD PASSWORD. Enter existing password and hit the enter key.

Now you will be prompted to enter a new password. Enter new password and hit enter and will be prompted for reconfirmation.

Please rate if that helps.

S.Shareef

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: