Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTS/Tandberg TP Server questions

Now that Tandberg is part of Cisco and they have the Telepresence Server product that is apparently compatible with Cisco's solution, I've got a few questions regarding interoperability.

Currently, we use the CUVC 5230 for interop with another company who has a Tandberg solution.

CTMS and the 5230 are both on our network, the 5230 talks to a Codian MCU on their network using SIP.  Both networks are seperated via firewalls performing SIP inspection.

The other company will be hosting the Tandberg Telepresence server.

How will the call flow work in this scenario?  Is CTMS involved, as it is now the intermediary between CTS endpoints and the 5230?

At the moment, the firewall configurations aren't too complex, as the only traffic we need to allow through is between our 5230 and their Codian MCU.  Would this change - ie. would we need to let every endpoint through the firewall, or would CTS traffic go via CTMS?

2 Replies 2

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Nick:

If I understand correctly:

CTS - CTMS - CUVC HD <----> FW <---> TB codian - TB TelePresence Server - TB Units

As you stated we are working in integrating with TB

Cisco and TB in the short term will integrate smootly and we are goint to integrate with other vendors using TIP

For P2P calls at some point will be dialing CTS - TB Endpoint directly no need of a TB Telepresence Server or CUVC HD

for MP calls CTS - CTMS - TB Endpoint

or CTS - TB Codian - TB Endpoint

In your scneario

I have seen customers deploying P2P via a MP call in which both units dial the same number (like a B2B call or TelePresence Healthcare)

So when we fully support Cisco-TB you can open FW for each room or dial via CTMS or TB Codian

You will still need the CUVC HD or the TB Telepresence server for other vendors or for units that do not integrate directly.

Let me know if that helps

Thanks, that helps.

I should clarify that the other company is using a Tandberg  VC system, NOT Tandberg Telepresence - not sure if that makes a difference (ie. would you be able to have direct CTS - VC calls, or would you be going via the CTMS/Tandberg TP server/Codian).

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: