Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 6509E power Supply problem!!!PLs help

gilbertcsc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

My 6509E Chasis cannot detect the all the line card except the ws-x6k-sup2-2ge. It is running hybrid which Cat0S on layer 2 and IOS at Layer 3.The more detail log is in the attachment.

is it this problem is because the CATOS version cannot support ?My CatOS version is cat6000-sup2k8.8-4-5.bin.

thks

-Gilbert

10 Replies 10

p.mcgowan
Level 3
Level 3

the error log certainly looks like the power supply is not supported.

What power supply have you used?

Hi,

I'm using WS-CAC-3000W,but previously it is working fine for me.last 2 day i just tftp to do something on it and the all line card i can detect.

thks

Thiyagu VG
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gilbert,

Just went through Cisco Document and it says the following,

"%SYS-1-SYS_OVERPWRRTNG:System drawing more power than the power supply rating"

The switch generates periodic %SYS-1-SYS_OVERPWRRTNG syslog messages.

This message indicates that the system draws more power than the power supply rating. The power management LED is lit red. This condition occurs only when the system is fully configured and the Supervisor Engines draw unequal power.

The workaround is to reseat the power supplies and then upgrade the Supervisor Engine software to a version that supports the hardware. Refer to the Supported Hardware section of the "Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches Release Notes" for the relevant release.

try and let us know.

Regards,

ThiyaguVG.

Hi,

i already reseat the power supply and may i know what Supervisor engine version which can support ?

thks

-gilbert

What are the linecards installed in the switch?

hi,

WS-X6348.

thks

Unless I get worong, I think that the suggest replacement product part number is WS-SUP720-3B

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps708/prod_end-of-life_notice0900aecd80423d31.html

hi,

my sup is WS-X6K-Sup2-2GE, Is it may i know Power Supply hardware problem or CatOS problem.

Thks

-Gilbert

Any 1 can help pls!!!!

-gilbert

How many WS-X6348 do you have installed?

Which is the exact model? RJ45-V, RJ21-V or RJ-45?

Did you try to toggle the confiugration from power redundancy-mode redundant to power redundancy-mode combined?

Did you try to use only one PS?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: