UCCX - call consult transfer

Unanswered Question
Apr 21st, 2010

We are trying to provide a call back solution for our customer. However, we can't seems to do a call consult transfer(supervised transfer) out to an external number. Have tried an internal number and it works perfectly, but not an external number.

The strange thing is we can do a call redirect to an external number with no problems.

Have anyone done this before? use call consult transfer to an PSTN number....Could this be a bug?

Please assist.

I have this problem too.
1 vote
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Aaron Harrison Thu, 04/22/2010 - 00:43

Hi

I guess it's possibly a problem with the signaling of the far end answering being signaled back to UCCX.

Aaron

albertheung Thu, 04/22/2010 - 15:42

Thanks Aaron, could you please advise how we can find out where the problem is. I have spoken to the customer and have asked them to look at the gateway to see if they can see the caller's number. Do we need to turn on something in call manager in order to enable this function?

albertheung Thu, 04/22/2010 - 22:39

Has anyone ever done this before? Has anyone done a supervised transfer (Call consult Transfer) out to an external number?

Can this be done? Is this a UCCX bug?

Phuong Hoai Huynh Wed, 04/28/2010 - 05:20

Hi Albert

There is no reason why they shouldn't be able to perform a supervised transfer to an external number.

What you stated in your description, you are able to put a redirect step and it works but no a supervised transfer.

In the case of the redirect your using the CTI port to perform an outbound call, however a supervised transfer tells me that your agents are dialing outbound.

Your agent CSS, do they have the abilty to dial outbound to these external numbers?

To test this use an agent CAD and dial to the external number, does it work?

If not then its a CSS issue, should you beable to dial outbound then we need to start looking at the CCM to determine if it was able to dial out, and find the reason for the failure.

lazaga Thu, 06/27/2013 - 01:12

I'm having exactly the same problem  On the CDR output i see that the call does go to my MGCP gateway, but it always executes the Unsuccessful branch.  I tried playing with the Onnet and Offnet settings on my gateway as well as my clusterwide parameters but to no avail.  I am able to redirect but I cannot do a call consult transfer to an external number.  Anyone have any news concerning this issue?

Thanks!

thomascollins Mon, 07/01/2013 - 09:51

I suspect Hoai was on the right track.  When you do a redirect you are using the CSS of the CTI port.  For a call consult transfer you are using the CSS of the CAD agent line.  See if you can dial the external number from the Agent Line.  If not, check the CSS. 

lazaga Mon, 07/01/2013 - 21:16

Thanks very much for the response.

The problem is that I'm not involving any CAD agent in the process.  The incomming call is going through a menu and is then taken directly through a call consult transfer.  I involve no agents in my script.  I even see in the CDR output that the call has been forwarded to my MGCP gateway.  Any thoughts?

Thanks

lazaga Wed, 07/03/2013 - 01:40

I figured out a workaround.  Looking at my MGCP gateway output I got this

Calling Party Number i = 0x0081, 'XXXXXX3845'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Called Party Number i = 0x80, 'XXXXXX9114'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Jul  3 07:00:08.717: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: RX <- CALL_PROC pd = 8  callref = 0x9189

Channel ID i = 0xA9839C

Exclusive, Channel 28

Jul  3 07:00:08.733: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: RX <- DISCONNECT pd = 8  callref = 0x9189

Cause i = 0x82A9 - Temporary failure

(X's were added by me...)

The call did reach the gateway, which means the configuration on the CCX and my CCM are correct.  What I got was the Cause i temporary failure indication.  This means the telco doesn't like the way the call is being sent.  However, because we have a backup PRI on the same gateway via a different telco, I created a new route pattern to route these calls to the other PRI via a prefix.  It worked flawlessly.  However, I still can't figure out why the call was being disconnected by the telco....

So now my (purely academic) question is, in what way  does the CCM/MGCP gateway handle a call consult transfer call differently than a call redirect call?

Actions

This Discussion