UCCX 7: Network MoH ringback not working with Multicast MoH.

Unanswered Question

Hi All,

I have a CUCM and UCCX installed in a Data Centre serving a site across a WAN,  on the site there are agents using CAD and a backup SRST router, unicast MoH was streamed across the WAN from CUCM in G729 format and network MoH (ringback.wav file) from the CTI ports to give ringback to calls been transferred to agents in the call centre.

To conserve BW and have better quality MoH, Multicast MoH was configured to stream the User MoH from the routers flash instead of a G729 unicast stream across the WAN. To get Multicast MoH to work I had to change the MoH streaming codec from G729 to G711u on the CUCM. This enables the CUCM to get signal to the phones to join the Multicast stream on the SRST router when a call is placed on hold but as this is a cluster parameter it stopped the ringback MoH on the CTI ports resulting in no ringback when callers are been transferred to the agents in the contact centre. Is there any way I can get the script to play the ringback.wav file when transferring calls to agents or get the call manager to stream the ringback across the WAN while Multicast MoH is implemented?

Any help or ideas would be really appreciated

Thanks

Neil

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
James Hawkins Mon, 04/26/2010 - 09:37

Hi,

When the call is ringing on the agents phone CUCM should be sending the appropriate commands to the endpoints to join whatever multicast stream you have configured for network hold. The issue is that no multicast stream is available on that IP address/port number combination. (I assume that you have set the SRST MoH parameters to match what is sent for user hold).

SRST versions up to 7.x only support one MoH stream. However SRST 8.0 has extended this to five streams so I think this could be a solution to your problem. Check out the document below.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cusrst/feature/guide/MOH_srst.html

You will need IOS Release 15.0(1)XA to support this feature.

An alternative would be to stream the MoH from another multicast source. This could be a PC running VLC if things were tight.

Please let us know how you get on.

anabellagr Mon, 02/15/2016 - 15:09

Hi,

I know it's been a while, but could you please share on what you did to have MOH play right until the agents answer?

I am getting this very same error.

Thanks

Actions

This Discussion