cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Newbie Starts...

markangelo
Level 1
Level 1

Can anybody here help me where should I start on how to learn with networking????

If my post is not suits here where should i Start...

Tnx

7 Replies 7

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=1587054620

Start with ICND1 and then ICND2 - work on trying to grasp concepts and pursue the CCNA.  Best way to learn to swim is to jump in the water.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Is there any free E-book of that??? I don't have any penny... Or is there any free source to learn.??? And thanks for that post

Hey. I already read that e-book tnx... but now what is next??? and i already jump to the water and now i don't what should i do

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can anybody here help me where should I start on how to learn with networking????

If my post is not suits here where should i Start...

Tnx

Hi,

Before entering into networking world i would suggests get start with A+ networking books for basic concepts of networkinh once you are finished then enter into ICND1 and CCNA stuff for familarity of cisco devices.

Hope to Help !!

Remember to rate helpful post

Ganesh.H

TYLER WEST
Level 1
Level 1

If the initial CCNA/CCENT material is too strong and you don't really want to venture into A+ since it is more focused on end user systems then you should look at the Cisco Press book "Cisco Networking Simplified, 2nd Edition."  There are plenty of good resources out there.  You just need to find what fits your current technical depth and aptitude.  Good luck with it.  We were all newbies once so welcome.

Tyler West, CCNP

CWI, Inc.

Try this link for some learning material...

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/index.jspa?ciscoHome=true

Mike

Hi Mark,

I would suggest you to start with Jeremy Cioara's CBT Nuggets.

You will learn the basics and you will be good to go from there.

I started my networking learning / career with that in DEC 2k8

and Im a CCNP now using various resources available.

I really appreciate you for having selected this domain. And trust me,

if you are passionate about these stuff, then you will enjoy this 4 sure.

You havent mentioned your current employment status. If you are a

fresher, then be prepared to survive with a low pay in the initial stages.

Cheers and Happy Networking !!!

Narendrakumar B

Do rate the useful posts...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco