cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 4507R config

The_guroo_2
Level 2
Level 2

guys we have 4507R as a core switch/router.....i have to completely wiped out the current config and have to config it as new currently it has following SUB

1     2  1000BaseX (GBIC) Supervisor(active)    WS-X4516         

2    2  1000BaseX (GBIC) Supervisor(standby)   WS-X4516

Now can someone tell me what are the steps.......how i am going to remove config (i have never touched 4500 before) guys if the standby module have the current config as well how does it work and how will i delete that config as i cant get into the standby module (there is no IP address or anything) secondly how we make these modules active and standby. This is a pretty much major change and i dont want to s*rew it up so that why as usual i have come to the expert forum.

Much appriciated help is needed

2 Replies 2

vvasisth
Level 1
Level 1

I can see you need to erase the configuration on the 4500. The commands below are the required to erase the configuration 
and the VLAN database.

Erase the configuration
write erase
reload

Erase VLAN database on 4000/4500
erase cat4000_flash:

Erase the configuration using CatOS
clear config all 

Once you save the configuration on the Active supervisor it is going to synchronize the startup configuration with the stand-by supervisor. We don't need extra
steps for this. If you want to keep the Active supervisor as active after the reboot we can reseat the 
other supervisor after finish the reboot in order to move the active state to the other one. Check the link below :-

Resetting Catalyst Switches to Factory Defaults

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps607/products_tech_note09186a00800c4546.shtml

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

guys we have 4507R as a core switch/router.....i have to completely wiped out the current config and have to config it as new currently it has following SUB

1     2  1000BaseX (GBIC) Supervisor(active)    WS-X4516         

2    2  1000BaseX (GBIC) Supervisor(standby)   WS-X4516

Now can someone tell me what are the steps.......how i am going to remove config (i have never touched 4500 before) guys if the standby module have the current config as well how does it work and how will i delete that config as i cant get into the standby module (there is no IP address or anything) secondly how we make these modules active and standby. This is a pretty much major change and i dont want to s*rew it up so that why as usual i have come to the expert forum.

Much appriciated help is needed

Hi,

As suggested by Varun perform the following commands to remove the complete configuration of the switch and check out the below link for Configuring the Switch for the First Time.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12.1/13ew/configuration/guide/supcfg.html

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

If helpful do rate the post

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card