Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

directory hanlder matches only 4 users

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me to resolve this issue.  entering last name for ext "smith" would only brings up 4 matches even though we have more than 10 smiths in the company and also the maximum number of matches set to 8.  I would expect 8 matches if its configured for 8.

users are configured properly with extension and recorded names.  its happening on unity connection ver 7.1.

thanks in advance.

vijay

10 Replies 10

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is still the issue if the system is brand new, and the subscriber has not intiated their mailboxes, the Directory will not see them.   Once they go through enrollment, it should work fine.

Did you try to see if could spell the first name, just curius if the handler will find their first names.   I have had issues in the best with the voice reg system not finding the correct names. (7.0 versions)

subscribers have initiated their voicemails.  Also tried using first name, last name and it only matches 4.  weird.

I'm assuming, of course, you've checked the "list in directory" setting for users and made sure everyone has this set.

one thing I've seen folks get burned on in Connection with this is partitions/search spaces.  Make sure the user's not being picked up aren't in another partition than the directory handler is set to see. 

yes, I have checked it again.. they all do have list in directory set.

also partion of directory handler is part of the CSS of subscribers.

any other thoughts?

Was this an upgrade or new install? You can always open a TAC case and have them log into the database and search for the names it lists in the directory. It builds its own list for the voice reg systems as well as the search database.

its not really a new install.  I am not sure how old it is.  well,, the customer just noticed it recently.  I guess my next step is to go for TAC.

thanks for the help.  I will update you guys.

You could also try and toggle the directory listing on the accounts that do work to off, then toggle the other accounts to on and see if CUC picks them up. Maybe its just "stuck" some reason.

thanks.. I just tried it with no luck.

Did you try to use the voice reg system to search the directory? I wonder if they are listed there or CUC can pull the list when you speak their name to the directory.

i dont want to do this in the middle of the day.  they did not want the voice reg as an option. only wanted the caller input of the names.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: