Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem enabling Management services (CMS) - Pls Advise

cisco_admin1
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all,

I'm trying to get registered my Cisco WAAS with my Central Manager but I'm getting a rare error. I've got my Cisco WAAS configured with the basic configuration, domain name, network interface, etc... and when I try to do a cms enable, I get a network problem stating that the primary interface has not been configured with IP and net mask.

In the basic configuration, I've configured the first gigabitEthernet 1/0 with a correct IP address and net mask and I have applied the right default gateway. I also set primary-interface gigabitEthernet 1/0.

Well, If I try to ping any other host in the network (even in a diffrerent vlan) it works perfectly and I got full response.

So apparently, the network configuration works fine but here is what I extract from the WAAS when I try to enable the Management service to get ir registered:

/diamond/bin/exec_show_netrcm: relocation error: /diamond/bin/exec_show_netrcm: undefined symbol: default_tfo_tcp_opt_min_cwnd
cms-props: Unable to get network config
/diamond/bin/exec_show_netrcm: relocation error: /diamond/bin/exec_show_netrcm: undefined symbol: default_tfo_tcp_opt_min_cwnd
cms-props: Unable to get network config
Found following configuration errors :
primary interface is not configured
ip address and netmask are not assigned to primary interface.
cms: unable to register node

I start wondering if it's a hardware problem. Could anyone kindly help me in finding out what is the root cause of the problem??

Thanks  a lot in advance!

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Luis,

My first reaction is that the software installation is bad.  Can you try reinstalling from the rescue cd?  Do you see any problems with the disk drives (sh disk det)?

Zach

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

Just to give you a little more information, I also tried to upgrade the version of the device to the 4.0.21 to see if it was a software problem but still the same.

Thanks!

Luis,

My first reaction is that the software installation is bad.  Can you try reinstalling from the rescue cd?  Do you see any problems with the disk drives (sh disk det)?

Zach

Not applicable

Yes I did, and everything looks fine, no weird messages.

It is true that at first, there was a problem with the RAID-1 but I got that problem solved, and after that, this message regarding the network.

I'm going to try to install the image again, I will even try to install a new image to discard any problem with the previous one and get back to you.

I will let you know.

Thanks a mil Zach!

Luis

Not applicable

Hi Zach,

I've just installed a new image (4.0.19.) from the rescue CD and for the moment when I show disk details, I see 3 of them are in rebuilding mode I will wait for them to finish in order to do a new test.

Thank you!

Luis

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: