Views
Helpful
Replies

Time required to mirror a drive in a 7835-H2

davidblu
Level 1
Level 1

Just a quick question.

We are curious to know the approximate time that it takes to mirror a single drive on a 7835-H2. This would be by removing one drive in the array and putting in a new one.

Someone has said 30 minutes, but I felt that was maybe a little bit quick, considering these are 72gb drives.

Can anyone provide insight?

Thanks,

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Back in the day when I had to do this sort of thing a lot, I'd say 30 minutes is pretty normal.  Occassionally 45 minutes or so.  Longer than that and I was never surprised to run into drive errors.

So, yes 30-45 minutes would be about right.  Could be faster if you up the priority of the mirror and there is low CPU utilization at the time.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Back in the day when I had to do this sort of thing a lot, I'd say 30 minutes is pretty normal.  Occassionally 45 minutes or so.  Longer than that and I was never surprised to run into drive errors.

So, yes 30-45 minutes would be about right.  Could be faster if you up the priority of the mirror and there is low CPU utilization at the time.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Perfect, just what we needed to know. Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: