cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to view active DSP channels - IOS mtp/xcode/conf

jordan.bean
Level 1
Level 1

I'm doing some testing on a Cisco 2851 with multiple PVDM2 chips in it.  I have dspfarm enabled and have xcode, MTP and conferencing resources configured and registered with CUCM 6.  We have a SIP trunk configured that is set to use a media termination point.  I  have it configured to use the MTP resources on the 2851.  When I place a call from my 7970 I can log into the phone's web interface and see the session to the 2851.  However, I cannot view the active DSP channels on the router.  I've tried 'show voice dsp xxx' and 'show dspfarm dsp xxx' commands.  All channels always show as idle and the output never changes.  We're running IOS 12.4.20T5.  Any idea how to see the active xcode, MTP and conferencing channels?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Have you tried 'show dspfarm dsp active'  ?  I generally use this command when I'm using hardware based CFBs to see the negoiated codec.

Regards

Allan.

Hope this helps, pls rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

william_chua
Level 1
Level 1

Try viewing RTMT's Performance Monitor for media resources. It will show you all the available resources and the active ones.

Thanks.  However, I'm trying to determine how to do it at the IOS level so that I can setup graphs for resource utilization via SNMP or by writing a script to execute the necessary IOS commands.

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Have you tried 'show dspfarm dsp active'  ?  I generally use this command when I'm using hardware based CFBs to see the negoiated codec.

Regards

Allan.

Hope this helps, pls rate helpful posts.

Yes, I tried this and nothing shows active even though I see the endpoint is the loopback address on the router.  I've also tried to show 'all' and all channe

ls show idle even though they're not.  I've tried a few different IOS versions thinking this may be a bug and all show the same.

Very odd.  I'm looking now and things appear to be working correctly.  I'll close this out.  Thanks.