Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC High CPU

Hi,

I faced the high CPU on IPCC and found error SS1002. According to the Cisco document, this error will occur when you install the second NIC and incorrect about the order of NIC. if i have two NICs on CRS, but the second NIC was disabled (for long time before this issue). Beside this error SS1002, i also found the two error codes that was SS3101 and SS1004. Anyone can give solutions to fix it?

3 Replies 3

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Personally, if the NIC is disabled - I don't see where NIC bindings can cause an error BUT in an unrelated case, I had a similar situation and it was suggested to me by TAC that I should change the NIC binding order so that NIC1 was in priority order and the disabled NIC2 was secondary.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thanks David,

If the NIC was not concerned. What's possible cause that system can be showed up with error code: ss1002, ss1004, and ss3101?

You may have misunderstood my post - my comment was an opinion that it's hard for me to see how NIC bindings

affect the server if one NIC is DISABLED but I'm not disputing that it can't, doesn't, or won't.  If you've seen that those errors correlate to the NIC bindings then I would change them to the correct order and reboot the server...then monitor to see if you have any repeat issues.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!