cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Share DN between 3rd Party SIP and SCCP - CME

b.gamble
Level 1
Level 1

I am using SIPDroid on my Droid to connect to our CME.

I'd like for calls to my extension, 168, to ring both my SCCP desk phone and the SIP client on my Droid. Can this be done?

I've been able to register my SIP client to CME successfully on an differnet DN. I used CFNA to get calls forwarded to my Droid, but I'd rather just have both ring simultaneously like an overlay.

Cheers.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Decide a number to ring both. Configure it as voice hunt pilot. There is no better way.

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Decide a number to ring both. Configure it as voice hunt pilot. There is no better way.

This solution worked well until someone tried to forward a call to my main number, the hunt pilot.

Main DN/hunt pilot: 168

hunt group list: 268,368

Anyway for them to be able to transfer to my well-known main dn of 168 rather than one of the other two DN's?

Unfortunately, if your primary line is set up as a hunt pilot - then anytime you forward to that extension (the hunt pilot), it will invoke the hunt behavior of the line groups which is to hunt the other 2 extensions. This is basic, expected behavior.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

It actually rings busy.

Thought maybe there was a work around.

So, I'm coming in a little late here and I deal mostly with Enterprise deployments so I don't do a lot of testing on CME - but I'd to ask:  Did you attempt to configure your SIP device with a shared DN (SCCP) phone and see if it will register?  This can easily be done on CUCM so again, I'm asking to see if we can find a better solution.

Secondly, when you forward a call to the hunt pilot - are the two members of the line group registered when you get a fast busy?

Hailey

If you register a SIP phone with the same number as an SCCP phone, or two SIP one, or two SCCP ones, it will ring only the one with better preference (can't remember which one right now), and if preference is set equal, will ring them round-robin.

Keep in mind the SIP phone is a 3rd party SIP client.

I initially had the SIP phone sharing the DN with my deskphone (SCCP).

I can't remember what exactly didn't work as it's been a few weeks since I tried it, but I'll try it again and see.

It is not a matter of phone being third-party or not, but it being SIP.

You cannot share DNs between SIP and SCCP, and I think this limitation will stay for a very long time.

If you want seamless, feature-rich and robust working, get all Cisco SCCP phones.

I will gladly do that as soon as Cisco has a client for Android.

Until then I'll search for weird work arounds to get the functionality I want.

CF to hunt pilot should work, it may be a configuration issue, and one should look at it and to traces.

Sounds like a limitation with CME then and unfortunately, the hunt pilot / line group is going to have drawbacks too.

Hailey

eoinwhite
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone tell me how to get SIP Droid to register with th call manager. I was able to do this using SIP on a Nokia E51 but im struggling to do it with my HTC.

TIA.

Please open a new thread for a new problem.

You mean CUCM and not CCME? Is SIP Droid a client younrun on the

phone? If yes, I'll forward a blog to you for how CUCM wants SIP

clients configured.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 7, 2010, at 7:17 AM, eoinwhite

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: