Views
Helpful
Replies

PVC2300 and UC500

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I am trying to get the PVC2300 to play nice with a UC520 (7.1.3), and I've uploaded 1.1.2.6 to the camera. I can see it via Bonjour in CCA, but when I go into the Video Monitor Setup Wizard it says: No Cisco 2300 series camera found.

I am using a unique for for the web interface and others, but how is CCA trying to find the device?

If I click Add to Community in CCA is says the device is not reachable (I'm not sure if it's doing a DNS lookup or what)

Anyway,

What do I need to be able to get this working/discoverable/communicating?

Cheers.

Bob James

31 Replies 31

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Bob, you are fast :-)

I just downloaded the FW and used CCA to upgrade one of my PVC2300s and it is in my community just fine (see pic below)

I can also monitor it from the SPA525G phone still as well (same as when I had 1.1.1.4)

What version of CCA R U using?

camera_fw.GIF

CCA 2.2.2

I got a connection refused, when trying to do the upgrade...

As well the camera is using the latest code (I upgraded it via it's own web gui)

I'm guessing CCA is trying to communicate to the camera via standard ports, and my camera is setup on different ones. Can you tell me the ports CCA is using?

Thanks,

Bob

P.S. - In looking at your CCA, you see the camera's in a different place than I (I assume because they are in the community), I can only see my camera via Bonjour. Do I need UPnP enabled? (Don't really want to)

Figured it out;

It uses HTTP...

As a test I set the HTTPS back to factory port (443), tested, same issue. Then I put HTTP back to factory port (80), tested and it prompted me for user/pwd.

I am upgrading (the already upgraded) camera now so we'll see how it goes.

CCA does not like the .bin file: Firmware Upgrade failed: Wrong File Format.

Thoughts?

Bob,

I did not get this error and I used the .bin.

I upgraded both PVC2300 and WVC2300.

Are you sure you didnt try to send the wrong one to the wrong model?

Steve

Yes positive.

I am upgrading my demo system now to 8.0.2 and it has a WVC2300 so I will try the same deal with it so see if it kaks too.

Maybe it's Windows 7....?

Anyway your comments above are very nice, I was just kidding about the T-shirt :)

More than anything I am hoping to help out others as I have got a lot of good out of these forums, but they are only as good as the content and people using them.

As far as enhancements a couple more near and dear to me: Termination of Multisite tunnel on SA-500 firewall, and 9900 series video phone on the UC500 (Yes we have customers that really want this, and will pay)

Cheers,

Bob

Confirming.

66xx & 99xx phones are on the map already.  SA500 as a platform for multisite as well on the CCA platform enhancement list for MSM.

The sidecars for the above phones will be more challenging as they will exceed the POE (af) we have today, but the phone itself with the video cam is less than 12W so those will be easier to integrate and test.

Steve

Outstanding!

Steve,

Update on WVC2300

OK I upgraded my Demo UC520 to 8.0.2 and added the WVC2300 to the mix (Ethernet NOT wirelessly). I upgraded the code on the camera via CCA and this worked. It took me two tries to add the WVC2300 to the community and I had to stop and start CCA to get it to work.

I ran the wizard for the video on the 525g which ran fine. However, when I select monitor on the phone nothing happens? I see the camera as the one I wish to monitor, but nothing happens when I hit it. The camera is set to all factory defaults, so I know it's not a port issue as above.

I know that when I hit post on this message I will figure it out (as this seams to be the pattern)

Bob

No luck,

I checked everything ( even went over your document again) same deal; I hit the monitor button and nothing happens...

Thoughts?

Bob

You mentioned earlier you were running 7.1.3 zip.

Your SPA525G needs to be on 7.4.3 for this to work.

Whats it on?

Steve

That is our internal VoIP system, I am doing the 525 WVC2300 on our demo unit.

It's running 8.0.2 and the phone is running 7.4.3

Tried everything again, new local, etc. Nothing. What version of hardware do you have on the 525G? Mine's 1.0.0 and I am suspecting it.

you didnt change any ports on the camera inder advanced setup?

you have MJPEG set to the recommended frame rate and image size (320x240 - Normal)?

Can you view the camera image from a PC connected to the UC500 lan by accessing its IP Address?

You sure you entered the correct credentials for the camera into the phone wizard?

Camera is at default config.

Yes I set MJPEG for your recommended config; I will lower it to 5 fps.

Yes I can view, configure, etc. everything fine via the web interface of the camera on the same LAN.

The credentials were the one thing I thought it might be; I made sure the user was viewer only, but I also tried the admin and demo users, with the same results.

When I hit the monitor button, nothing happens.....

Bob

Cameras and SPA525 are on the same LAN?

Your not blocking RTSP, are you (Camera default port = 554).

Does your SPA Phone GUI look similar:

That Access URL is = rtsp://192.168.10.120/img/jpgvideo.sav (so you can see the whole thing)

spagui.GIF

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: