Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade from 7.1(3b) to 7.1(3b) SU2 fails

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade from UCM 7.1(3b) to 7.1(3b)SU2 and it fails with the following error:

04/22/2010 22:05:18 CCMInstall|Internal Error, File:instMain.c:1416, Function: handlePhase(), Failed to exec command: "/partB/usr/local/bin/base_scripts/env.sh nice -n 19 /usr/sbin/chroot /partB /usr/local/cm/script/7.1.3.32900-4/cm-dbl-install L2 PostInstall 7.1.3.32900-4 7.1.3.30000-1 /usr/local/cm/ /partB/usr/local/cm/ /common/log/install/capture.txt"|<LVL::Critical>
04/22/2010 22:05:18 appmanager.sh|CCMInstall --upgrade ERROR|<LVL::Error>

Ideas

Thanks

Please rate useful posts.
7 Replies 7

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Looking at it, this could be caused by a bad/corrupt installation file.  I would download the file again and then use a checksum generator (like checksum.exe) to verify the MD5 hash on the file and attempt the install again.  If it fails - you've ruled out one of the first common issues.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Used DVD and two different SFTP servers. Two different images and the MD5 was verified for both.

Wow. That pretty much kills like 10 interim steps. I've only had one CUCM install fail and that was in a lab environment where I was running a BETA version of 7.1(3) and attempted to upgrade to the production version of 7.1(3b). Have you had any errors or issues seen in RTMT / Syslogs indicating any hardware-related issues - e.g., disk drive error or anything of that nature?

While you may not want to do this, you may need to try an upgrade to 7.1(5) to see if that is successful. I'd use that as a last option on a production system as I haven't flushed out a bug scrub on that. But, it would be interesting to see if it is successful.

I thought about it but I also have a UCCX integration and also its too new. So didnt want to try that option.

I'm with you. It's too new. The skip to 7.1(5) is curious to me...there has been no shortage of 7x releases this last year at all.

For sure.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: