cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.1 install on VMWare Workstation

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

Trying to install ACS 5.1 on VMWare Workstation 6.5 getting acs traceback kickstart error, originally setup a SCSI 650GB drive which CentOS didn't recognize, changed drive to IDE but getting different error now.

speciified disk sda in partition command which does not exist

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.1/installation/guide/csacs_vmware.html

5 Replies 5

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

Attached screen shot is what I get when I add a 650GB SCSI disk;

Made it a 80DB IDE (vs SCSI) virtual disk and get past it detecting 0GB for disk space during setup.

However then i get a Traceback :kickstart.KickstartValueError: specified disk sda in partition command which does not exist

Jason,

I just ran into the same issue you're experiencing. After playing around, i found out that when creating the VM, if you choose the SCSI disk (with > 60GB capacity, no need to allocate space) and the LSI Logic adaptor (not Buslogic!) it works perfectly.

Regards,

Cristian Venegas

Channel Systems Engineer

Cisco Chile

Worked like a charm...

Thanks Cristian :) this solution solved also " the LSI Logic adaptor (not Buslogic!) "
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: