Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1812 router minipci wifi support

andrei_kolu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I got Cisco 1812 router without wifi and my goal is to upgrade it with minipci WiFi card but I don't know what cards are supported. I already got antennas and connectors but two atheros AR5212A AR5002x cards I tested locked up system on boot (looks like they are not compatible with cisco router). Can anyone tell me what card their 1812W have installed inside?

Exact model number is: CISCO1812/K9 V02

Sincerely

Andrei

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Integrated Wireless LAN Capability
Cisco 1800 Series fixed-configuration routers offer models with an integrated wireless access point, providing secure router and secure wireless LAN services in one device, helping businesses reduce total cost of ownership with simplified WLAN deployment and management capabilities. The integrated wireless access point supports IEEE 802.11a/b/g simultaneously to provide high-speed wireless capability and flexibility to support 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz dual-band simultaneous operation, making them ideal choices for wireless hotspot deployments and wireless office solutions. Cisco Aironet®, Wi-Fi Certified and Cisco Compatible client devices are fully supported.
The Cisco 1800 Series routers with integrated wireless access points are Wi-Fi Certified and support Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA and WPA2) providing secure mutual authentication and encryption via Cisco IOS Software features to meet the strict demands of today's businesses. These products also provide support for multiple wireless VLANs that can be configured to provide additional security, segmentation, and separation of user groups. When using the routers in conjunction with the Cisco Service Selection Gateway (SSG) and Subscriber Edge Services Manager (SESM), managed service providers can incorporate service-based authorization and accounting, and service and subscriber management for customizable, on-demand wireless services such as hotspots. Additional features such as local authentication allow users to maintain wireless connectivity to the router in the event that a remote authentication server goes down.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card