Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS 4.1.5.C PROBLEMS WITH MAPI ACCELERATION - EMAIL

Hi,

I am working in a project with WAAS. At moment is being did a POC for test of the WAAS´ features.

So, my customer has in your environment, for sending and receiving of the emails, the OUTLOOK 2007 with encryption enable.

In tests, saw that the config default of WAAS was not applying features in tcp connections of  the email communications. Your cluster server of  email use port 47434 in tcp connections and so we create policy for this otimization, although the policy rule set all the features otimization ( lz, dre, tfo,acc MAPI ) in both sites, the final negotiation is generic always. The figure below, show the action the classifier created, matching in port tcp 47434, inserted the appliaction EMAIL-and-mesaging default,in place of the all traffic classification default.

SnipImage.jpg

My questions:

Is it problem is caused for encryption mode setting a OUTLOOK SERVER 2007?

If yes, in this version 4.1.5c, is possible offer an alternative to provide data encryption by WAAS?

Attachment exist a file witch topology this  POC.

Thanks;

Fabio

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Fabio,

The current version of WAAS does not apply application-specific acceleration for encrypted MAPI traffic.  We are working with Microsoft on a seamless way to securely integrate with encrypted MAPI traffic.  In the mean time, your options are to 1) not accelerate the traffic, although you can still apply generic optimizations, 2) disable native MAPI encryption, or 3) using MAPI-over- HTTPS (aka Outlook Anywhere) to encrypt the traffic and leverage our SSL acceleration to optimized the encrypted traffic.

Regards,

Zach

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Fabio,

The current version of WAAS does not apply application-specific acceleration for encrypted MAPI traffic.  We are working with Microsoft on a seamless way to securely integrate with encrypted MAPI traffic.  In the mean time, your options are to 1) not accelerate the traffic, although you can still apply generic optimizations, 2) disable native MAPI encryption, or 3) using MAPI-over- HTTPS (aka Outlook Anywhere) to encrypt the traffic and leverage our SSL acceleration to optimized the encrypted traffic.

Regards,

Zach

Zach;

Thanks your reply,

Do you have any document, with example of option 3 - MAPI OVER HTTPS? I configure ssl services for individual hosts, in this case, https servers, but never did the same for applications such as MAPI.

Regards;

Fabio

Hi Zach

I have the same problem

my cxs want accelerate encrypt mapi traffic

I know WAAS does not apply application-specific acceleration for encrypted MAPI  traffic

but

could you please provide related documents about this

I will provide my customer

thanks very much.

Hi Jan

that's what I need

thanks for your help