cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 multiple trunks plus PBX functionality?

surama123
Level 1
Level 1

Our clients have multiple methods of accessing the PSTN and these have very different cost profiles (eg Satellite, GSM, POTS, VSAT). One thing they all have in common is an analogue RJ11 interface. Traditionally we have used Panasonic Hybrid TDM PBXs because these provide quite advanced PBX functionality whilst being able to offer the user  of any phone the choice of multiple trunk lines. Our clients have no need for AA and do not have the luxury of a receptionist so we normally configure a hunt group to allow them to answer an incoming call anywhere. They are not sat together in a small office so a key system is not going to be suitable.

So far the various adaptations of CME I have seen attempted for these clients have not worked out well so Panasonic still dominates the market. I last played with UC500 a couple of years ago so am not familiar with recent software improvements. Could you tell me if UC500 is now a viable competitor for Panasonic for my clients by offering the features I have described above?

Many thanks

3 Replies 3

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, it is. What geography are you located in?

You know for the UC540 and UC560, they are offered with support from SBSC and they have a service free calls PDS, where Partners can get Design upport. Its listed on this community main page under break-fix or presales support link...

Hello Stefano,

We are in Spain.

We have SmartNet for our UC520 so maybe I should just call TAC if you think the features do really exist.

Yes, TAC or PDI (Plan Design Implement) helpdesk for UC520.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: