Cisco Unity Express license

Unanswered Question
Apr 25th, 2010

Is the license for unity cumulative ? Because each license have a priority and license count.

If I install license for 8 ports, and then I install another license for 2-Port add on, that warning is appear : "Failed:New count is less than existing count".

When I show license all, I can see this each license have a priority, and with two license have the same priority, Unity will use license has a higher license count.

So I want to ask, how the Cisco Unity Express licensing work? I dont have much experience with CUE, please tell me about the licensing.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
integris-kiuf Fri, 05/07/2010 - 04:10

We had the same problem with mailbox licenses and I've opened a case with TAC about it.

They said that the Cisco Unity Express licenses are not cumulative licenses.

So if you have an 8+2 port licenses you have to generate a 10 port license through Cisco Licensing Team (I don't know if it works over licensing portal).

hiepnguyenho Fri, 05/07/2010 - 04:59

Thanks for your reply. I have opened a TAC case, too. But TAC engineer said that CUE license is cummulative. She re-generate the licenses for me 3 times but not work. May be information from TAC is not synchronized between each other. I think I should request for 10 ports license file as you tell me. Thank you.

This Discussion