Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Mobile 8.0 for iPhone & Deskphone control

walshliam
Level 1
Level 1

Evening,

Just curious what the dekphone control feature of Cisco Mobile 8.0 should accomplish? I can place a call on hold on the iphone and resume it on my 7965, but I cannot do the same action in reverse. Should I be able to do this? Also, has anyone noticed if prescence info on the CUPC client indicates their correct status if on a call on the iPhone CM8 client? My BLF indicates my line in use, but I remain Green in CUPC.

Thanks

Liam

2 Replies 2

walshliam
Level 1
Level 1

Well, after some playing around with the new client, I discovered that when a call is active on my primary phone 7965, If I then launch the the CM8 client on iPhone I will see the option to move the call to my iPhone client. I would hope that in future versions, this can be done from within the client.

Liam

Hi,

Same problem here. Does anybody know if this is a software limitation or we are configuring someting wrong?

In Cisco Mobile 8.0 FAQ document Cisco is saying that should work:

"

Q.

If I'm on a call using my desk phone, can I move the call to my iPhone?

A.

Every time you open Cisco Mobile 8.0 on your iPhone, it automatically detects active calls on your desk phone.

Tap

Yes to move the call from your desk phone to your iPhone. If you choose not to pick up the call, but then later change your

mind, just put the call on hold using your desk phone. Cisco Mobile 8.0 will automatically detect the call for you again.

"

Thanks,

Cristian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: