Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP Load Balancing

vishwancc
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All,

Will it be possible to define inbound and output traffic flow in EIGRP.

Eg:Router A is connected to B and C in V topology and A is forming EIGRP neighborsip with B and C and learning about newtork X form B and C.

And doing equal cost load balancing on links to B and C.

My requirement is to use B router for outbound for network X and C as inbound for network X.

I have acheive this by only using EIGRP nothing else .

Chao

Vishwa

2 Replies 2

TYLER WEST
Level 1
Level 1

Making this work has some dependence on the other side of the topology.  What does B and C connect to on the other side?  Is it also running EIGRP that is under your administration.  My initial thought is an offset-list but more info is needed about the full topology.  The outbound from A is easy enough using an offset-list.  But the inbound to A is more dependent on what and how you advertise to the other side of the link.  You need to be able to tell the other side of the topology that one path is preferred to the other path.

It would also be good to know the purpose behind this requirement.  There may be other solutions.

Tyler West, CCNP

CWI, Inc.

Hi Vishwa,

Definately it is possible. Try playing around with bandwidth or delay.

Simplest will be reduce the bandwidth of the outgoing traffic on interface which you don't want to send traffic through.

Like in your example, if i'm not wrong what i understand is you want traffic for outgoing connection to flow to A-B link and incoming to use A-C link.

For outgoing traffic, reduce the bandwidth of interface which connects A-C link on router A or increase Bandwidth on outgoing interface of A-B link on router A. This way A-B link will have better metric and that route will be used.

Similary for incoming traffic, bandwidth should be reduced or increased accordingly at Router C or Router B respectively.

Hope thats helps.

Regards,

Smitesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card