OCS integration and Dial Rules

Unanswered Question
Apr 26th, 2010
User Badges:

Hi all,

i've the OCS integrated with a CUCM 7.1.3 and all CUCMOC client are working fine. I'm trying to understand the normalization rules that i must to setup.

At the moment we have configured in the ldap server the numbers in E164 format like +39 049 xxxxx where x is the local number. I've already configured the Application dial rules and the directory lookup dial rules in the CUCM and what still i need to do is to run the COP file for the generation of the xlm files in the TFTP for the CUCMOC. Here is where i've some problem since that i can't find the COP file in the software download area.

The documentation says to navigate to Cisco UC Integration for Microsoft Office Communicator where i can only find the CUCMOC client, where i can download the COP file for the generation of the dial rules?

Another question, what steps are required if the ldap server store the telephone number in a private format like 2xxx? Is required the configuration of normalization rules in the OCS for translate the private number in a E164 format needed by the MOC?

Thx,

Christian

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Tommer Catlin Tue, 04/27/2010 - 11:55
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

You have to download the file and unzip it, it's buried in that file off CCO.    Im not sure about your second question...   The TFTP will download the CUCIMOC normalization rules down to the client.  If the number is in 2xxx, then you should have a normalization for this specified in the rules.

Do you have an example of what you are trying to do?  You stated all your numbers in AD are e.164 correct?  You should not mix your standards up with both formats.  Decide on one format and stick with it.

cbrasolin Wed, 04/28/2010 - 05:09
User Badges:

My problem is that i'm not able to find the COP file in the CCO. The documentation says to go in the download area in the section:

Voice and Unified Communications  > Cisco UC Integration(TM) for Microsoft Office Communicator  > UC Integration(TM) for Microsoft Office Communicator

But here there is not the COP file. So i need the link to the page for download that file.

The second question is less important, i keep the E164 format in the ldap.

Thx

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content