Unity 4 VM ports

Unanswered Question
Apr 26th, 2010

Can all the ports be enabled to "answer calls" and  "message notifications" in the same time? I currently have 16 VM ports.

Thanks,

Attachment: 
I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
Loading.
David Hailey Mon, 04/26/2010 - 07:08

Technically, yes - all the ports can be enabled with all the features at the same time.  However, it is best to designate (this is an average - actual port allocation should be based on busy data) about 75% of your ports to answer calls.  Then leave the other 25% dedicated to MWI/notification and TRAP if you choose to use that feature.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

sindan1680 Mon, 04/26/2010 - 10:55

What would be the downside if they overlap? I am trying not to create a new problem in the system...

The issue we currently have is with the number of rings that cannot be setup before a call gets to the VM, because all the ports are apparenly busy.

Thanks,

David Hailey Mon, 04/26/2010 - 11:02

Well, here is a basic answer to your question. If all your ports are busy on a regular basis then you need to add more ports. You can certainly enable all ports to perform all functions but that's not really addressing the root of your issue which is port capacity.

Actions

This Discussion