Helpful
Replies

[TCL] Cannot extract leg_outbound if there is no Connect message

l00pback
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Really appreciate your time.

I am trying to add additional VSA to Radius accounting messages, more specifically to Stop record onto the outbound VoIP leg using "aaa accounting update leg_outgoing etc..."

The issue I face is that if there is no CONNECT message i.e. the other party was not there for example, it seems there is no way to get the leg_outgoing ID which I need to reference into the "aaa accounting update" command. I tried getting the leg_outbound at different places - right after "leg setup" command or right after receiving the ev_disconnected event with no luck. Still, for the same zero duration voice call, there can be seen both legs with different IDs assigned into the call history voice table.

On the other hand, if call proceeds normal with CONNECT message exchanged, leg_outbound is assigned correct after the ev_setup_done event kicks in.

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your observation is correct, there is no way and the consequence is that it's impossible to listen to messages before connecting.

It is a serious limitation for scripting, but to be very honest with you, I don't think that Cisco will accept to acknolewdge and change it.

l00pback
Level 1
Level 1

p.bevilacqua,

Thanks for the quick response!

Don't you reference the leg_incoming to play announcements, what is the relation to leg_outgoing in the scenario you mentioned?

Yes, you cannot receive any announcement on outgoing call leg before connect.

If I do understand correctly what exactly you mean, I am positive I've seen scenario like this:

A calls ---ISDN--> B (gateway) --VoIP--> C sends inbound announcements w/out connect and A hears it.

To be honest, I am still trying to figure out what does this have any common to my initial question.

I have edited my answer above for clarity.

Hope you will be able to understand it now.

Great, thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: