cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem connecting to Internet through Cisco 877 ISR

davidewer
Level 1
Level 1

I have purchased a new Cisco 877 router to replace my old router on my existing ADSL connection. I have used Cisco CP Express to perform a basic configuration and Cisco Configuration Professional for further configuration.

My problem is simply that I cannot get a web page. My ISP confirms that my router is connected. I tried pinging a public server by IP address in case it was a simple DNS issue but don't get a reply to my ping.

Does anybody have any idea what I have missed? I am new to Cisco routers so it's probably a simple newbie error but I can't find it. I'm attaching a configuration file in case that shes any light on the problem.

Many thanks

David

1 Reply 1

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi david

i got 2 suggestions from my side.

I donno why you are using this ip as dns-server in your router. remove this and use 212.159.6.9/10 instead.

dns-server 192.168.1.1 212.159.6.9

i hope that should solve your dns issue.

if you still face issues with browsing then try applying the below command onto the router so that it can forward the packets to the SP.

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 dialer2

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card