WIA support for servers

Unanswered Question

I am looking at load balancing some sharepoint servers and so far, they have WIA (windows

INtegrated Authentication) enabled to give appropriate access to content based on the username.  I would like to

do the same to at least be part of the probing for the servers, but so far, I am not successfull.

Is there a way to either make the probe present what the site wants or a patch of some sort that would simulate the same behavior or a login to the site itself.

For now, it is only share point sites, but would like to cover as much as possible any site that would exploit WIA, if possible.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Juan Porras Rojas Mon, 04/26/2010 - 10:02

Hi Bruno,

Unfortunately when you define user/passwd credentials on ACE HTTP probes you can only use basic authentication; no other authentication protocol (NTLM, Kerberos, etc) is supported.

ACE-4710B/Admin(config-probe-http)# credentials  

You could define a expect status of 401 to make the probe to succeed but this is not a feasible solution tough.

Hope this helps
__ __
Cisco TAC
mikik Thu, 05/27/2010 - 03:04

Is the following still true for the latest versions of ACE ?

"ACE doesn't support NTLM authentication".  I am  especially interested with conjunction to probes ?

Juan Porras Rojas Thu, 05/27/2010 - 09:42

Hi Mickey,

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Sorry to break the bad news but it is still true.

As the best of my knowledge uur DEV team is currently evaluating to add NTLM/Kerberos authentication for ACE probing but no real date has been given.

__ __

Cisco TAC

This Discussion