cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1 and 2621XM Gateway help needed

clarson1
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a running CUCM 6.1 system. I have configured the 2621XM Gateway per CISCO examples. When I perform the following command on the 2621XM: show ccm-manager config-download it displays the following:

cisco.png

My question is this, when I go into CUCM and find the Gateway, it is listed but with NO IP Address and when I do a rest or restart nothing happens on the CISCO 2621XM Router. The documentation states that a reset or restart won't happen until the Gateway is registered. I don't have any voice cards installed in the Router yet as I want to at least get them communicating with each other. Is there something or somewhere I can check to see if in fact the CUCM system is seeing and communicating to the CISCO 2621XM?

If anyone has any help with a CISCO 2621XM router as a Gateway any info or helpful hints would be great.

Thanks,

Cliff

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take a look at the following on the CLI of the gateway:

show sccp

show ccm-manager

If you post your configuration, that would be helpful as well.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

If you run a 'show ccm-manager', you'll see that the gateway name that you add to CallManager is actually a 'domain name'.

The endpoints (i.e. interfaces - E1s, FXS etc) are what actually gets listed as registered in CCM.

Your 'show ccm-manager config' output shows the configuration was succesfully downloaded and applied; it's just that that config doesn't include any endpoint information as you have no endpoints.

Once you get interfaces added, and add the appropriate interfaces to CCM, you'll see those endpoints as registered... if they are 'up' - for example,  a lot of people get confused when they add an E1, and it doesn't register - it won't until you have it connected to a circuit.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take a look at the following on the CLI of the gateway:

show sccp

show ccm-manager

If you post your configuration, that would be helpful as well.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

If you run a 'show ccm-manager', you'll see that the gateway name that you add to CallManager is actually a 'domain name'.

The endpoints (i.e. interfaces - E1s, FXS etc) are what actually gets listed as registered in CCM.

Your 'show ccm-manager config' output shows the configuration was succesfully downloaded and applied; it's just that that config doesn't include any endpoint information as you have no endpoints.

Once you get interfaces added, and add the appropriate interfaces to CCM, you'll see those endpoints as registered... if they are 'up' - for example,  a lot of people get confused when they add an E1, and it doesn't register - it won't until you have it connected to a circuit.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Good addendum there, Aaron.

Thanks to both David and Aaron, great tips and I understand more just with those two answers now. It appears the only thing missing is installing a Voice Card in the Router.

Any suggestions for a card, this is just in a lab for testing and training?

Once again thank you both so much for the replies.

Cliff

Analog cards are good for lab. FXO or FXS...

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 26, 2010, at 6:42 PM, clarson1

clarson1
Level 1
Level 1

David,

Below are the screen captures on the commands you spoke about:

I am interested in the sccp command as I did not read on any examples using this setup or command, could you explain as I am new to all of this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: