Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
Irfan Tariq Javed Tue, 04/27/2010 - 00:40
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

What sort of integration you what and what sort of support you need, as our company also provide these integrations .

That's a wide net you are casting.

At the root of CTI is the ability to pass data "with" the call.

Of course, it normally does not go "with" the call but there is a parallel signalling path between client and server such that information assembled at the server while the call is in the IVR or being routed appears at the desktop when the call arrives. Many desktop clients allow further integration to push the call data into secondary apps.

So maybe you have a user in the IVR entering (say) their account number, and you do a database dip or contact a Web Service using the account number and retrieve a bunch of stuff.

1. Some of this stuff is for self-service (what's my account balance?)

2. some of this stuff is for routing (hey, I'm a Platinum customer so get me to one of the top agents with high priority)

3. some of this stuff is carried to the desktop for presentation and driving into secondary applications.

How about a few more clues?

Regards,

Geoff

Googi1974 Wed, 04/28/2010 - 12:17
User Badges:

Hi Geoff,

I just attended a meeting this morning for an enterprise-wide project which will essentially convert us to an Oracle "shop". They would like to introduce an Advanced Inbound Telephony component as part of the E-Business Interaction Suite. I was irked that the rep was not able to articulate at a high-level what this means for our Cisco telephony architecture (we're are in the process of an upgrade 4.x --> 7.x call manager and uccx). He did mention a CTI middleware component was required. Has anyone had experience with this? Is it not able to directly integrate with our Cisco environment? Will this remove all of the queuing / routing decisioning from UCCX (we just spent Q4 2009 re-doing our scripts and AA)? I'm hoping as you mentioned, this middleware will just be passing along call event info and relaying it to the Oracle pieces. Just fishing for any feedback.

Regards,

Kelly

Actions

This Discussion