Views
Helpful
Replies

OOB management tab is not available in CAM

blaxucisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have problem in cisco CAM. we have CAM in HA mode but when I login to CAM there is no OOB management menu in web console but I have another same version  CAM in vmware  which is stand alone mode, that option (OOB management) is available.

if anyone have an ideas please let me know.

CAM version is "Cisco Clean Aceess Standard Manager Version 4.7.2"

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Faisal Sehbai
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

You need to add an OOB CAS license to your CAM. Your switch options will show up then.

HTH,

Faisal

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Faisal Sehbai
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

You need to add an OOB CAS license to your CAM. Your switch options will show up then.

HTH,

Faisal

Faisal,

Thanks again.

Hi Faisal,

as per your instruction I installed cas licence in the cam, but we have 2 cam which is in HA mode. when primary cam is running its ok but when secondary cam which doesn't have cas licence will be in active OOB management will not be available again. I tried to install same licence in seconday cam error comes up "An error occurred while adding the license file. Licensed MAC Address does not match. CCA-OB-SERVER feature failed validation". I think that licence is only for primay cam MAC address. so, do I need to request the licence from secondary CAM?

suggest me.

Thank you

Hi,

Your license files seem to be messed up. The license file should include the MAC address of both ETH0's; of your Primary and your Secondary CAM. If it only has one, you need to get the HA license which would include both CAMs MAC addresses.

HTH,

Faisal

hi Faisal,

here is the detail of licenses.

CAM 1 has

FlexLM License-Enabled Features

Standard Manager License present

Manager Failover License present

Out-of-Band Server Count                        2

CAM 2 has

FlexLM License-Enabled Features

Standard Manager License present

Manager Failover License present

we need to configure cam1 and cam 2 in HA mode and when I tried access CAM 1 there was no OOB management option and as per your instruction I installed cas license into cam1 and now OOB management tab is available in CAM 1 only not in CAM 2. when I tried to install same CAS licenses into CAM 2 I got the mac address error.

we have 4 CAS servers among them 2 are for in-band with HA, and another 2 are for OOB with HA. but when I installed CAS license into CAM only OOB sever count has incremented, since we have to configure in-band servers as well, do we need to have separate license for in-band servers?

my confusions are here.

1. Do we need in-band license for in-band CAS server?

2. Do we need another seperate CAS lincese for CAM 2 to activate oob management option?

Thank you

Hi,

OOB licenses work fine with IB CASs, so no, you don't need a separate license for IB.

Also you should install the CAS license on the active CAM, and it will get synced over to the other CAM. If that isn't happening for whatever reason, check your HA between CAMs to see if that's functional or not.

HTH,

Faisal

Hi Faisal,

I reconfigured CAMs again from starting phase. as follows

1. removed all licenses from both CAMs

2. tried to access from web console and it has asked for license. I've installed CAM license which is single file including HA license, after installation of license login page has appeared. after login two licenses "1. Standard Manager License present and  2.Manager Failover License present" appeared on the licensing page. as of this stage OOB management option was not available.

3. I tried to install CAS license into this CAM, after successful insttalation of license OOM management options has activated. I configured some test roles here for HA sync test.

4. I've configured HA primary server in this CAM

5. After complete the primary cam configuration I tried to login second CAM, and this CAM has also asked for license, I installed license in this CAM which I have installed in first CAM.

6. After successfull login I tried to installed CAS license but MAC related error has appeared.

7. I have configured HA secondary server in this CAM

8. rebooted both CAMs

after some time I tried to ping service ip/host and access service ip from web console. everything was ok and CAM 1 was in actve mode and CAM 2 was in standby mode. there is no error message in /var/log/ha-log file as well.

I had to check all configuration is replicated into CAM secondary or not, for that purpose I've stopped (service perfigo stop) in Primary CAM. and logged into the CAM using by service ip address. I found that CAM 2 is in active mode and test roles were updated but OOB management feature was not there, and  I tried to add new CAS server only two server type options (virtual gateway and real-ip gateway) were available.

so,  I need to be clear why OOB management related options are not replicating into secondary server since HA functionality is running good.

is it license related issue or configuration related issue??

Thank you

Laxman,

Best at this point to open a TAC case so an engineer can review your licenses and setup with you.

HTH,

Faisal

Hi Faisal,

Before I open the TAC, I want to be sure in HA replication. OOB management feature should be replicate into secondary cam without install CAS lincense into secondary CAM or not?. Since HA is working perfectly and other CAM related configuration/setup are replicating into secondary CAM. Hence this issue is 100% license issue or configuration issue?

Thank you

Laxman,

Yes, the only license on the Secondary CAM to be installed is the CAM license. It should replicate the others.

G'luck with the TAC case.

Thanks,

Faisal

Hi Laxman,

I seem to have the same problem. so whats the outcome of your tac case?

hi

Sorry for delay response. we had this problem because we did mistake while request the license. previously we provoded CAS MAC address instead of CAM MAC address. problem has solved by new license request with CAM MAC address.
thank you
Laxman
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: