Views
Helpful
Replies

License issue

harisapkota123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have an ASA5510 installed security plus license,There is not any license informtion in ASDM but in the output of "sh Version" i can see the license informtaion as seen on the attachments.My requirement is to display that license information in ASDM as well as expiry date of the same.and also confused about the two licenses. May i get the IPS signature Update license when i purchase the Security Plus license?OR i have to purchase  that with different cost?,if you suggested to solve  the problem i would be thankful to you.

Thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ASA security plus license only applies to the ASA.

For the IPS module, you would need to purchase a difference license, ie: IPS subscription license to allow you to update the signature pack to the latest.

To check out the license and when it expires on the IPS module, you would need to directly access the IPS via IDM, ie: "https://IPS-module-mgmt-ip-address", and the license information of the IPS would be on the Home tab.

Hope that answers your question.

Dear sir,

Thank you very much

the reply helped at my work,but sir why ASDM is showing "no license" and blank expiry date?? appreciation for any help.

Thanks again

Can you post the screenshot of ASDM with no license and blank expiry date. Thx.

sir

The confusion are being cleared.I think,which thing you told me that was exactly correct and im requesting for the part number to help my customer.

now you are requested to analyze the issue and send me the part number for the signature update license.

Thank you very much

OK, base on the screenshot, you have not installed the license yet.

What you can do is if you already purchase the license, you can try to obtain the license automatically from cisco.com by clicking on the Update license from "Cisco Connection Online", and the IPS will make a connection to cisco.com site to retrieve the license file. Please make sure that the IPS mgmt ip address has connectivity to the Internet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card